Is using a "Replacement AC Adapter" safe?

The AC adapter for my Dell Inspiron 1501 died on me over a year ago, and I've put it away ever since.

I have a friend who's going through some hard times, and she's out of a computer, so I was just planning on giving her the laptop and buying a new AC Adapter for her. I ordered it for her, but it's not a Dell part, here is the link:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=212811723&listingid=57213663

I'm just a little skeptical because I don't want anything blowing up on her and hurting her, I'd feel so bad!

The main part of the AC Adapter seems to weigh the same, however, the new "Replacement" AC Adapter does not have the Dell logo inscribed on it, and flipping it over to see the information sticker, it doesn't say "Dell," but it says "Replacement AC Adapter".

The main differences I see between the "Replacement" adapter and the original Dell adapter is that the Replacement only has the CE logo on it, none of the other logos which the original Dell adapter sports.

That, and under the small "Jet" box, the replacement AC Adapter states an input of: AC100-240V 50-60hz | 124-133VA as the original AC Adapter states an input of: AC100-240V 50-60hz | 133-158VA

Also, commenting on the physical differences, the wall plug which is able to separate from the actual base of the replacement AC Adapter has three connectors opposed to the original which only had two.

I'm so sorry that I'm not describing things so well, I'll do my best to take pictures if I can get my hands on a digital camera.

Tell me what you guys think! Just a little worried here.
Thanks so much for all your guys' time and help, I really appreciate the support!

As long as the connector fits, the output voltage of the adapter is the same (15V or 19V I'm assuming) and the output amperage of the replacement is equal to or higher than that of the original, I'd say it's perfectly safe. As to the 2 prongs vs the 3 prongs, 3 is actually better. With 3 you have your ground for safety as well.

Hmmm, the replacement AC adapter seems to fit all of your requirements; connector fits, same output voltage, and amperage.
I was just thinking that I should just be a little cautious because it wasn't Dell branded.

So these little no name replacement AC adapters are safe as long as they meet the requirements you listed?

Thanks for the advice, /usr/home!

I keep a universal one with me for customer laptops who forget to bring in their adapter and you change the tips on it and it's a generic 19V ~4A adapter. It works fine on all of them. I've used replacement ones on my own personal laptops for extended periods with no problems. As long as your voltage is right you're usually pretty safe. You can have a higher amperage on replacement ones than the original, the laptop will only draw as much current as it needs, but you shouldn't be underamperage as it may try and draw more than the adapter can give. Anyways, I'd say you'll be perfectly fine with that adapter.

Whew, alright! I feel really reassured!
Thanks for the advice and I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Only take care of the dc connector and output of current and voltage, only these match, then everything goes fine.

Back