Is Ubisoft smoking Meth?Says"95% of PC gamers are theives"

Like I said in the other thread on this, the plot and premise behind the game, make it seem like one that would have a rather limited appeal to most gamers. Ubi and friends may just be prepping us for a stinker. Not wasting money porting a game to PC, they think may seriously tank on the console only makes sense. Especially considering this game has already been canned by the original devs.

Then again, Q-BZ may likely be correct on this. Ubi may just want out of PC gaming, but for whatever reason have simply not found the nuts to do so. They really do act like they hate us over at Ubi. They have made it quite clear they consider us thieves, and liars.

Who cares. Fuck Ubisoft, they can stop developing for the PC all together and no one would be the wiser. Nothing they make is any good. Last game I bought published by them was Far Cry 2 and I had to make a real effort to even remotely enjoy that travesty. There are plenty of other developers making an effort to make a stand with the PC community for a steaming pile of shit like Ubisoft to even matter anymore.

Fuck Far Cry 3.
Fuck Assassin's Creed: Whatever the hell it's on now.

Let them say what they want, along with EPIC. At this point they just look like the old senile coot who can't stop rambling about the past.

Last edited:
I think the last good game Ubisoft ever made was Legacy of Kain: Defiance and the previous Soul Reaver 1 + 2 (blood omen sucked balls).

I'll be sad to see them go... they obviously don't care for PC platform. Soul Reaver was a great story.

Fuck Ubisoft, I bought all the AC games and wont' be buying this new one, bought em all for my PS3, they can keep their shitty game.

I've usually been fairly tolerant and understanding of the business decisions made by developers to focus on consoles etc... But I don't like being called a pirate when I have over 150 games on my steam list.

If that's their attitude, they probably should just abandon the pc market completely.

Oh good, these guys again.
They are like the stalker ex that wont go away, way after we moved on.

I dont look at you.
I dont listen to you.
I dont use you.
I dont buy from you.
Why are you still talking to me? I dont like meth. Go away already.

Lets see..... are there any ubi games here.....nope. We broke up long ago. Good riddance...

"Xbox boxed products because they have a model on that platform that is clearly meant to be €60’s worth of super-Hollywood content."

^^
Ghost Recon Online producer Sébastien Arnoult

I gotta wonder what does he call Battlefield 3

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the figure is somewhat true. Most pc gamers I know IRL pirate and have no issue admitting it. Outside of the us I can imagine that it's much worse.

Just random figures I found online, I'm sure they're not super accurate, but appx 4 copies of CoD:Black Ops are pirated for every copy that's purchased? That is just freaking insane.

Most Pirated Games of 2010

CoD Black Ops PC Sales Numbers

i'm rather perplexed by this. Assuming 40 hours/week and 12 weeks, that's 5760 hours that needs to be paid to the 12 employees. Assuming $30.00/hour, that's a cost of $172800... but selling 50 000 copies doesn't make it worthwhile? Unless the game is sold for less then 5 bucks, each, it will still end up making money but it's not worth it?

There's more to your cost than just your employees paychecks.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the figure is somewhat true. Most pc gamers I know IRL pirate and have no issue admitting it. Outside of the us I can imagine that it's much worse.

Just random figures I found online, I'm sure they're not super accurate, but appx 4 copies of CoD:Black Ops are pirated for every copy that's purchased? That is just freaking insane.

Most Pirated Games of 2010

CoD Black Ops PC Sales Numbers

Probably not even close to accurate given it is well known that vgchartz PC figures do not take into account nor reflect digital sales. Their methods for collecting data have also been criticised in the past.

Who cares. Fuck Ubisoft, they can stop developing for the PC all together and no one would be the wiser. Nothing they make is any good. Last game I bought published by them was Far Cry 2 and I had to make a real effort to even remotely enjoy that travesty. There are plenty of other developers making an effort to make a stand with the PC community for a steaming pile of shit like Ubisoft to even matter anymore.

Fuck Tomb Raider.
Fuck Far Cry 3.
Fuck Assassin's Creed: Whatever the hell it's on now.

Let them say what they want, along with EPIC. At this point they just look like the old senile coot who can't stop rambling about the past.

Whats wrong with Tomb Raider? That's an Eidos/Square Enix franchise.

I wouldn't mind devs putting hellacious DRM into PC games for the first few months and then patching it out. 90% of sales are within the first month I think. Sure some will wait it out, but I think it would make the PC platform viable again.

Ubisoft makes a ton of good games.. esp the new Rayman. Loving it :)

But there view on piracy is mega bad. Although they did do the no DRM approach on PC games for awhile and games were still pirated. So I can see why they are confused about piracy. Everything they do and people still pirate it.

Whatever Ubisoft, just STFU and GTFO if you don't like PC gamers, we don't want your shitty ass console ports anyway and your atrocious DRM schemes. Statements like these will just make your company look unprofessional anyway.

Ubisoft makes a ton of good games.. esp the new Rayman. Loving it :)

But there view on piracy is mega bad. Although they did do the no DRM approach on PC games for awhile and games were still pirated. So I can see why they are confused about piracy. Everything they do and people still pirate it.

They did that on one of the more meh POP games. Then screamed it did not do well because of piracy. Outside of the Ubi Soft offices in the real world, the game was a lackluster installment of a third person view button masher, that had lackluster sales. It was not a bad game, but it was no Batman AA.

They are not confused, they are scapegoating. Perhaps their investors are stupid enough to their beleive half truths and histrionics.

See I told you guys they are bonkers -- Mettra has gone Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde:

I would really love to see a pc build of the game and I dont think I meant to say "the game won't happen on pc" it's probably an English language miscommunication (I am not native English speaker).

What I meant is that the pc version did not happen yet [sic]. But we are still working to see the feasibility of it, which is not necessarily simple. I gave some examples to illustrate the problematic [sic], but obviously it is not in my hands and not my part to talk about this.

Honestly, which game maker would not love his game to be playable on as many platforms and by as many people as possible?

Regardless console or pc, what matters is the game and the pleasure people can get from it.

It's time for someone to take their pills...

Source

I wouldn't mind devs putting hellacious DRM into PC games for the first few months and then patching it out. 90% of sales are within the first month I think. Sure some will wait it out, but I think it would make the PC platform viable again.

pfft, like that would ever happen, you get maybe 1 game every 10 years where the developer does that, RA3 was the game that did that so we have to wait another 7 more years before it happens again.

aka it only happens with shitty ass games that don't sell in hopes that they gain a few extra sales because they removed the annoying DRM.

Ubisoft does produce some good games so if they left PC gaming, it would not be a "good" thing. Besides, has anyone read the article? The guy saying it all is someone from the Ghost Recon team. It doesnt mean the whole company feels that way.

Ubisoft does produce some good games so if they left PC gaming, it would not be a "good" thing. Besides, has anyone read the article? The guy saying it all is someone from the Ghost Recon team. It doesnt mean the whole company feels that way.

Anyone that works for a company represents them when speaking. Anything negative or positive said or done by that employee reflects back upon their employer. So it does not matter that it did not come from Yves Guillemont himself it is still an official word from Ubisoft unless they publicly deny it.

Occupy Ubisoft

Why link our just and noble cause to that of a pack of morons that have no real cause outside "Screw the rich man, man......". ;)

Joking aside, all the occupy groups seem to be doing is causing trouble for the cities and the regular every day people that actually use those parks. They are not inconveniencing the wealthy or winning converts of any consequence to their cause. If they were, their would be more baton, and less pepper spray.

Would somebody just put a dick in Ubisoft's mouth, please?
That's what they want. They're cocksuckers in disguise.

Who cares? it would probably been a sloppy console port anyways..

I just wanted to bring this thread back to life....because.....

a year and a half later - yes, I can confirm this is the worst port of a game EVER!!!!

I just wanted to bring this thread back to life....because.....

a year and a half later - yes, I can confirm this is the worst port of a game EVER!!!!

Don't know about that. Might not even be worse port this year.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City was very bad by all reports. It had "wiggle C key to break free" prompts or some such thing.

Dont remember Resident Evil 4 PC? (I see a pattern here....)

ESC = option
w = walk forward
s = walk backwards
a = walk left
d = walk right
f = call Ashley
f (in gun inventory) = move weapons
m = map
R shift = gun ready
L shift = knife ready
enter = attack/action
R ctrl = run
up arrow = move camera up
down arrow = move camera down
right arrow = move camera right
left arrow = move camera left

sometimes, when a boss attacks you, the counterattack keys are = enter + R ctrl and there is another one = R shift + L shift

mouse control? what mouse control?

Pretty pointless thread necro, but yeah, they're mostly still smoking meth but a little less than they were.

They are right actually. We are pirates; we are stealing their money buy not buying their shit ports and crappy games. The 5% who actually like UBISOFT and buy their games sound about right.

They are right actually. We are pirates; we are stealing their money buy not buying their shit ports and crappy games. The 5% who actually like UBISOFT and buy their games sound about right.

Yep, haha.

And if 95% of the customers stopped pirating but refused to buy Ubisofts rubbish they'd still only have that 5% of customers. Heaven forbid they stop making shitty ports of shitty franchises with shitty DRM, and actually listen to what PC gamers want for once and put in the effort to make their PC games stand out.

So Ubisoft can mislead people into buying their shitty games, but a person who gets it for free is a thief?

....Makes sense.

Back