• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is tri-screen possible in Ubuntu?

Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
40
I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid 64 bit with a Nvidia 9600GT 256bit 512mb PCIE 2.0 graphics card. I'm currently using a 19 inch eMachines LCD and 24 inch Dell S2409w LCD in twinview. I have a 22 inch ViewSonic LCD that isn't being used, so I was curious if I could allocate that to my screen lineup.
 
Do you have another video card?? What video cards do you have to drive the third monitor?
 
I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid 64 bit with a Nvidia 9600GT 256bit 512mb PCIE 2.0 graphics card. I'm currently using a 19 inch eMachines LCD and 24 inch Dell S2409w LCD in twinview. I have a 22 inch ViewSonic LCD that isn't being used, so I was curious if I could allocate that to my screen lineup.

Okay did some digging. But first watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DWzuIreDGA

That should make you happy. Now onto the bad news. You will probably need to run 8.04 LTS to do it. Since 8.10 implements usage of the new HAL, nvidia's drivers and a few other things that make multimonitor support work, don't on anything beyond two monitors with GLX support.

Directions here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=884161
Just make sure you have 8.04
 
Possible, most defiantly. It has absolutely nothing to do with ubuntu and everything to do with how you set up your xorg.conf
 
I have quad screen working, so tri screen should definately be possible!
 
I just recently set up a tri-screen in 8.10 64bit.

I have an 8500 and an 8600 .. its alllllll about how you set up your xorg.conf.. when ig eth ome, ill try and post up my xorg.conf file.

fwiw, i am using the nvidia drivers from their website.
 
I just recently set up a tri-screen in 8.10 64bit.

I have an 8500 and an 8600 .. its alllllll about how you set up your xorg.conf.. when ig eth ome, ill try and post up my xorg.conf file.

fwiw, i am using the nvidia drivers from their website.

Do you have a combined desktop with 3d working?
 
Back
Top