• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is trayless hotswap better?

zikzak

n00b
Joined
Mar 2, 2011
Messages
15
I'm looking at all these hot swap cages, and am not familiar with the criteria I should be using to differentiate.

  • Is trayless "better"?
  • Is 1x80mm fan going to be significantly quieter than 2x60mm fans?
  • Does anyone have a good suggestion on the best cage?
 
Trayless typically is faster to swap a drive. otherwise not a big deal one way or another (IMO)

I onlt saw two identical (other then the color) iStar units. I've always seen this supermicro hot swap cadge recommended:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121405

The only thing with these units is you'll likely have to buy a replacement fan that spins alot slower. since the ones that come with these were made to go inside a actual server where noise is less of a issue.
 
Back
Top