• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this worth the upgrade?

DigitalEdge

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
150
I currently have a 939 Athlon 64 3700+ OC to 2533 (Single Core), I recently upgraded to vista and was wondering if I buy a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2.2GHz(Duel Core) if it would perform better for Vista and gaming? I just don’t want to upgrade to AMD2 just yet because my current machine is still nice even though it’s a 939

Thanks
 
I went from a 3500+ running at 2.5 to the chip in my sig and was very pleased. My machine is in general much snappier since all the background processes can be shunted to one core while the other takes care of what I'm doing. Most games out right now won't see much of a boost as they are single threaded (F.E.A.R. and Oblivion are exceptions) but the next wave will take much better advantage.
 
I went from a 3500+ running at 2.5 to the chip in my sig and was very pleased. My machine is in general much snappier since all the background processes can be shunted to one core while the other takes care of what I'm doing. Most games out right now won't see much of a boost as they are single threaded (F.E.A.R. and Oblivion are exceptions) but the next wave will take much better advantage.

Oblivion is multi threaded?
 
Oblivion is multi threaded?

to a degree (it uses something called speedtree to render all the trees which is done entirely on the CPU). Quake 4, soon all Source powered games, Crysis, Alan Wake and CoD 2 will also benefit.
 
Back
Top