Is this video card any god for me????

i need some opinions before i make the purchace of this video card
two links for it

http://www.file.cc/PNY_GeForce_FX_5200_PCI_128_MB_Graphics_Card__VCGFX52PPB__B000098PUF.html

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-133-068&catalog=48&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0

i just want to know if this vid card is any good.

my system specs are as follow.

P3 933 mhz
(current vid card) nvidia tnt2 riva 32 mb sd ram PCI
191 mb sdRAM (a 128 stick and a 64 stick) Max my mobo will take is 256.

40 gig maxtor hdd 72000 rpm
sound=crappy soundblaster 16.

will my system benefit from thisnew vid card? i dont have any agp slots on my mobo, and its the same price 99.00$ at my local hastings.
thanks.
one more thing, is there any way to change the max amount of ram my mobo can take?

The Radeon 9100 is the best PCI card.

No, you can't change your motherboard's max ram.

time for a new system... but for now, the 9100 is the best pci card, IF you can find one.

Is this video card any god for me????

In this day age people are becoming complacent with organized religion, So if you want to make a video card your god you should be free in your choice of deity:D

Serious now, I think you do what voltage said and upgrade the rest of your computer first... But of course if you don't play games you don't have to bother.

new mobo + new xp + new ram + new agp gfx card = 200 or 300 bucks... why waste 100 when you can buy a whole new ssytem for not all that much more.

~Adam

sorry video cards are not gods ..just really pretty image makers ..geez speiling heps afot

hey Godmachine, do you have a GOOD machine or a god machine? lol :)
yeah, going along with cleanslate, upgrade mobo, ram, cpu.

Athlon XP 2500+
Asus A7N8X-X or NF7-S mobo
512 PC 3200 RAM

I did all of this for about $225

It is well worth it.

I concur with the masses - a new computer is a much better upgrade than a new PCI video card.

Like Bob said, a good 2500+ rig will only run you around $500 bucks for the whole thing. If you don't want to build your own, I got the whole thing in my sig (including montior) from Ibuypower. They're cheap, but in a good way - sort of...

A newer, faster computer would benefit everyone here, I don't think that was the question.

ATI Radeon 9100 would be a much better choice. 5200 isn't as fast, polished or cheap.

Newegg has the 9100 for around $70.

edit: Newegg HAD 9100 PCI's...

Back