Is this the answer to the 2007fpw?

scrawnypaleguy

Limp Gawd
link

Ok, so it doesn't have tilt/rotate features or anything, nor does it have a usb hub. But 1400:1 contrast ratio??!! 8ms response time? More than $100 cheaper? Is this for real?

hey it is good enough for me, and anyways, i will have other usb hubs on my other two moniters so no worries :D

Wow, that looks really nice. I'd like to see how that compares to the ViewSonic VX2025wm.

Is this new? I can't say I came across it a few weeks ago when I was looking at 20" widescreen LCDs.

It must be new, I've never seen it before either and I've been closely eyeing the market for a new monitor.

i thought it was a TN panel but i do not know, this is newer, aroudn 1-2 weeks old, it has already sold out once on newegg, it used to be aroudn 20 $ lower then it is now aswell

and there have been two threads about this aswell ;)

Granthos said:
and there have been two threads about this aswell ;)

oops, my bad, didn't see them. Anyone get this thing yet? How does it stand up to the Viewsonic VX2025WM or the Dell 2007fpw?

This thing seems like it came out of no where. Any reviews? Also it appears from the newegg photo's that it doesnt come with a DVI cable?

looked at it in person bout 2 weeks ago in futureshop and wasnt too impressed with it. the 2025wm is definitely better. the bezel is a lot thicker than it looks in those pictures and the color reproduction didnt seem to be as good as the 2025wm let alone a 215tw

Karan said:
looked at it in person bout 2 weeks ago in futureshop and wasnt too impressed with it. the 2025wm is definitely better. the bezel is a lot thicker than it looks in those pictures and the color reproduction didnt seem to be as good as the 2025wm let alone a 215tw

I dunno, pretty much all the monitors I see at Best Buy or someplace similar look like crap, but that's because they're hooked up to crappy graphics cards and customers keep messing with the settings and things get pretty screwed up.

At least, I hope that none of the monitors there were shipping with pictures as bad as the ones I've seen. If they had, I'd be extremely disappointed in quite a few brands for their lack of quality control.

I saw this in best buy today and saw the 215. The 215 did look better but I can't stand the styling. Unfortunately they didnt have the viewsonic monitor to compare.

On a side note, I was informed by a very knowledgeable :rolleyes: Best Buy employee that they didnt sell anything above a 21inch widescreen monitor because that's "As big as they make them." And he should know, because according to him, he checked into it because he does video editing on a 40 inch plasma which he recommended I buy for around 3k. Why oh why did I give into the "Can I help you with something?" maybe it was because I was bumrushed at the door, and by approximately 6 salesmen in a five minute period. They literally had a group of atleast 8 guys standing in the computer/hardware/software dept. One of these days I am going to answer that question. I am going to say, "Of course you can. You can do me a big favor by rounding up all your buddies and please ask them to leave me the hell alone - that would be a huge help." I honestly would fire my employees if they harrassed customers like they do at best buy. /rant

Don't make the assumption that this is superior based on specs. RT and contrast specs are almost a joke at this point. The type of panel is most important. For example, a monitor with higher rated contrast might have color washout, worse viewing angles, and input lag, none of which are reflected in the spec sheet. On behardware, it was shown that an 8ms ips panel was outperforming 2ms TN panels in regards to ghosting. Stop... believing... specs.

FitzRoy said:
Don't make the assumption that this is superior based on specs. RT and contrast specs are almost a joke at this point. The type of panel is most important. For example, a monitor with higher rated contrast might have color washout, worse viewing angles, and input lag, none of which are reflected in the spec sheet. On behardware, it was shown that an 8ms ips panel was outperforming 2ms TN panels in regards to ghosting. Stop... believing... specs.

Then what am I supposed to base my purchasing decisions on? Intuition? :rolleyes:

Spiff1333 said:
The other model, the L203WT, supposedly supports it, so I'm guessing this one would too.

Don't quote me on that though.

You guys should've jumped at this a few days ago - it was $20 less.

The viewing angles on that tells me it's a TN panel. Don't be fooled by the contrast ratio, the viewing angles are a much better indicator. Anything < 170 is a TN panel for sure.

That Lesnumerique page is great. Check response times and angle response. To heck with phony stats compare pics of how they perform. I think I found the same panel that is in the LG widescreen, Same 8ms.

Here is the dell 16ms vs Benq 8ms
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=88&ma2=48&mo2=73&p2=793&ph=1

Note that the Dell actually ghosts much less.

Dell 16ms
88_106_101.jpg

Benq 8ms
48_73_101.jpg

Back