• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this stock tracker accurate?

WabeWalker

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
4,508
Is this site reliable and accurate?

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/ati-radeon/5970/

I've been keeping an eye on this site because I've been wanting to see which outlets have been getting GTX 480 cards in stock. I was surprised to discover that Newegg is receiving and selling daily shipments of the 5970.

I'm surprised by this because, being a Canadian, I'm forced to go through Newegg.ca, which is the Canadian version of the website, and to my knowledge Newegg hasn't listed a 5970 in stock for months. I check there all the time, and I've never seen a 5970 listed. All you ever get is this:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...PA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=5970&x=0&y=0

So now I'm kind of worried that Newegg.ca isn't even going to be selling the GTX 480 at Newegg.ca due to demand. They don't appear to be setting any of the popular cards aside for their Canadian customers.

Are there any Canadians out there who have successfully ordered a 5970 fron Newegg. (I'm in the market for a GTX 480 - I just want to find out what the situation here is with the popular cards).
 
Newegg.ca often doesn't get the same videocards as Newegg.com

I know from buying a 5870, half the 5870s sold on Newegg.com were never listed or made "Not Available" or removed from Newegg.ca.

Newegg used to ship from the same warehouse in the states but I believe they just finished building a Newegg warehouse in Ontario and that one doesn't have the same stock as the US one. US probably gets priority since 5970s sell out everyday. You can see how Nowinstock shows daily shipments of 5970s but by the afternoon, they are all gone. It stands to reason that none make it to the Canadian warehouse.

You might not be able to get a Fermi until May.
 
No, it isn't entirely reliable. I watched three occasions (two on Friday, one on Saturday) when the site didn't update "in-stock" for 5-10 minutes after stuff showed up at Newegg and Amazon. If I had been just watching nowinstock, I wouldn't have gotten my two 480s :)
 
No, it isn't entirely reliable. I watched three occasions (two on Friday, one on Saturday) when the site didn't update "in-stock" for 5-10 minutes after stuff showed up at Newegg and Amazon. If I had been just watching nowinstock, I wouldn't have gotten my two 480s :)

5-10 minute lag isn't exactly unreliable. It's not like they are slamming the retail servers every 30 seconds. They are probably only refreshing their huge database every 5-10 minutes.

Regardless, it doesn't matter for Wabewalker since he just wants to know if the shipment information is correct because it shows Newegg.com recieving supplies everyda.
 
Newegg.ca often doesn't get the same videocards as Newegg.com

I know from buying a 5870, half the 5870s sold on Newegg.com were never listed or made "Not Available" or removed from Newegg.ca.

Newegg used to ship from the same warehouse in the states but I believe they just finished building a Newegg warehouse in Ontario and that one doesn't have the same stock as the US one. US probably gets priority since 5970s sell out everyday. You can see how Nowinstock shows daily shipments of 5970s but by the afternoon, they are all gone. It stands to reason that none make it to the Canadian warehouse.

You might not be able to get a Fermi until May.

I wonder if NCIX will work out for folks in Canada.
 
Yes I'd say it's accurate. The 5970 has been coming in to newegg in very steady shipments. Almost daily I'd say.
 
Back
Top