Is This Stable Enough?

P4rD0nM3

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
1,544
I have a AMD 4200+ at 2.8GHz and I tried running Orthos on it, is more than 4 hours enough to call it a day?

Click Here

My temps are idle@40 and load@60, a bit high probably because I'm just running it in stock HSF (80mm@900rpm) and I only have one 120mm on my PC P60 running (Waiting for watercooling parts).

And in that screenshot I dunno why the Ortohs status for each core isn't the same, they were the same when I wasn't doing anything to it, but when I tried moving the windows, the first one didn't update for a long time (But it did not return any errors).
 
To answer the last question first, remember your maxing out your system, when you interact with your machine, Orthos has to yield to the interaction so you situation is perfectly normal.

As far as stability is concerned, 4 hours isn't probably enough, however the flip side of this is you'll probably never in normal operation ever do anything as taxing as Orthos/Primes 95 (Orthos is a Prime 95 clone) for 4 hours unless you fold and that's not that taxing on the CPU really. It a matter of your comfort level. To be honest at the point your at you need to make sure that the system is regular use stable. Its not uncommon to see someone Orthos/Prime 95 stable for 12+ hours that has problems with games and other apps.

One last thing. Don't know what you spent on your water cooling but at first glance it doesn't look like a good investment. An Athlon is an antiquated part to water cool IMHO. But it's just my opinion. Good luck!
 
Well my first Orthos was like 12+ hours too and it was fine but I didn't take a screenshot of it.

To tell you the truth, I'll probably buy new parts sometime next year, so far all I've been doing is just internet and e-mail, I rarely play games and the games I play are...2D, ehehehe.
 
Back
Top