• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

is this specs good for 3d max ?

techxx

n00b
Joined
Jan 8, 2012
Messages
17
Hello,

I'm an IT support here in our company. I just want to ask if the configuration I have made
is the for our designs department. Here it Is

Dell Optiplex
processor : I7 3.4 Ghz
Ram : 16 GB
Graphics card : 1 GB geforce 210/ geforce GT 430

The reason I'm asking is our boss is somewhat not satisfied with the renders. is it with the hardware or the use who manipulates 3dmax?

Thank you.

Agent 239
 
What do you mean he is not satisfied with the renders?
 
he wants it more realistic like taken from a camera or something. I explained everything that hardware ok but he keeps on insisting that its the system having the problem...
 
Well if your company is trying to create content, then it's up to the person doing the design to make it look realistic. That system should render objects just fine, although if it were me I'd have a little more powerful GPU; but that'd only make it make the renders faster. They can only be rendered as well as they were designed.
 
Thank you so much Skillz. so its with the designer who manipulates the 3dmax software. do you have any GPU that you can recommend ? :)
 
is it ok to ask for the high end , mid range models? I think the one we're using now is on the low end. am I Correct?
 
is it ok to ask for the high end , mid range models? I think the one we're using now is on the low end. am I Correct?

That is correct. The GeForce 210 is at the very bottom of Nvidia's discrete GPU lineup at this time, and the GT 430 isn't much better. Both perform like crap on these 3D productivity apps.
 
Can you recommend the best GPU I can use E4g1e? Thanks..

For 3DMax I would go with a Quadro. But that depends on the version of 3DMax that you're currently using: 3DMax 2011 runs like crap on a GeForce anything because their OpenGL performance is slower than even the slowest Quadro that's based on the GeForce 430 (the Quadro 600). 3DMax 2012 does run pretty well on higher-end GeForces.

So, just to be safe I would go with a $400-ish Quadro 2000 for this use.
 
Hardware doesn't have any affect on the quality of the rendered output.

The faster hardware will obviously render faster, as well as allow the modeler and animator to manipulate high polygon count objects and layouts faster.
You will want an Nvudia Quadro card, which can cost more than he computer it is going into.
I can't recommend a card since I haven't done any 3D work in over a decade.
I used to work for a local tv station doing 3D animations in Lightwave on an Amiga and then on a PC when the app was ported. The ATI FireGL was the card to have back then, relatively cheap and fast.
 
We are currently using 3dmax 2012. I will check if the card is available here in the market and will go for that.. Thank you so much E4g1e. more power to you all.
 
zepher, we have I7 3.4 ghz and 16 GB of Ram I will be changing the gpu to enhance the rendering as per
E4g1e.. the current card is not that good enough..
 
Back
Top