Is this significant at all? Or should ignore?

Nano_PC_Solutions

Limp Gawd
My Norton Internet Worm Protection detected and blocked an intrusion attempt - I did an IP lookup on the remote address, and found some weird results.

Question is, for the hell of it, should I try to figure out who this is? Or just ignore? It's weird though, cause from what I know, HardOCP uses The Planet as a provider - and when I did a lookup, the IP came from:

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.

Anything significant?

Nano_PC_Solutions said:
My Norton Internet Worm Protection detected and blocked an intrusion attempt - I did an IP lookup on the remote address, and found some weird results.

Question is, for the hell of it, should I try to figure out who this is? Or just ignore? It's weird though, cause from what I know, HardOCP uses The Planet as a provider - and when I did a lookup, the IP came from:

Anything significant?

definatley a consiracy. time to unplug our internet

It could be that while using HardOCP.com or HardForum they tried to send some data to you or something and Norton thought it was a worm.

Norton Worm Log shows this:

Details: Rule "Default Block Bla Trojan horse" blocked (69.93.96.206,1042).
Inbound UDP packet.

Remote address,service is (69.93.96.206,7777).
Process name is "N/A".

And I'm not freaking out or anything, was just wondering if this is something that's normal or what. Or maybe if I caused it on myself, how I did it and learn not to do it again.

That looks like a worm which is trying to scan for hosts to hack. It appears to be from a machine that hosts novasearch web mail services. If theplanet's rwhois service wasn't down right now, I'd be able to tell you exactly who owns that IP space, but alas..

Don't worry about it.. my firewall logs are full of crap like that. You didn't do anything to cause it, simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I bet they scanned your entire ISP looking for hosts to attack.

Cool, thanks for the info! Makes me all the more glad that I've installed some sort of defence system.

Thanks again for the help. :)

Back