Is this safe ?

133

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
1,607
OK so i look in my case and its time to clean. I get out the can of air and a paper towel.

THEN i grab one of thoes Swiffer dusters that makes the dust stick to it "magically" and run it throughout my case inside.

Well i know its not really magic, it has to do with a static charge or something like that right?
Are these dusters safe to use in a computer? any chance of it screwing up something?

My computer seems to be running fine after going though it w/the duster. I even went right over the harddrive...yeah it was dumb to do b4 making sure, but hey, i was in a "cleaning mode" and wasn't worrying about it.
Hell it worked like a charm for all that dust on the bottom of my case :cool:

Oh and this week @ BestBuy the WD 160GB HDD is on sale for $89! after a rebate.
 
I've heard of tons of people using swiffer pads to clean it out and without any problems. Never done it myself, so dont take my word for it. ;)
 
Ive never heard of a swifer towel having a a static discharge. I dont think they build up tha much static
 
ok, swiffers - I'd check to see if any info is out there (like a manufacturer's website...) I honestly think that there is some static involved (with the new little blue swiffer furniture duster) but not as much with the old floor dusting pads.
I'll try to find a manufacturer website & see...
 
Yes, I think there is static build up.

And this is the 2nd swiffer thread I've seen in the past couple hours. Weird.

And I agree with djnes, canned air. It rocks for 99% of dust build ups.
 
Yep a can of compressed air, and a brush is all you need to get the dust out of a PC.
 
www.swiffer.com
calls them "electrostatic cloths" for the floor cleaner type and is silent on the new furniture duster...
electrostatic is bad - but I dont know if these cloths hold enough charge to be a problem...
just be careful and ask around....
 
Back
Top