• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Is this PSU too weak?

Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
725
I took my hardware, except for the motherboard, out of my dell. So I now have an ASUS P4P800 motherboard, 2.8Ghz Pentium 4, 512MB of RAM (2*256), and a 40GB Hard Drive, and 3 fans. Is my 300W dell PSU too weak? it's an ATX PSU, and puts out 16A on the +12V rail, this PSU is from a dell 4600. Should I buy a stronger PSU? It seems that it is unstable, as I sometimes will get random shutdowns, and it won't install windows, or it will hang. Thanks. I checked temps also, they're at 45 idle.
 
Back
Top