Is this Power Supply sufficient?

If it doesn't give a specific make an model for the included PSU then it's almost certainly a peice of shit.
 
There isn't a $50 case in the world that has a decent power supply. It isn't even worth researching. The second UPS/FedEx drops off the case, the PSU goes into the e-waste bin.

IMO I don't care if the case cost $300. I'm getting my own PSU.

BTW why this case in the first place? Why not go with cooler master, antec or some other more reputable case manufacture? I'm sure that you would find a more quality product from either of them.
 
YEah I do agree, but you see I was thinking if I could get most of the PC parts under 450 dollars and I was able to but since you said the PSU suck though then I'm gonna have to find it again.
 
Okay..... then do you mind checking this 2 power supply if it's good or not?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817154026
if it's the same one as http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=65 (same model number but different brand, I suspect it's the same PSU internals) then no

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=606220&CatId=1079[/QUOTE]
can't seem to find a review for this one
 
NO the video card is crap get an AMD card or wait for the NEW pci-e 3.0 not 2.0 express mobo's. So tired of ppl not buying the clear better overall less power consumption and less heat price for performance cards that nvida wont have out for another 6 months behind amd again for 2nd generation cards.

Rule of thumb always buy MORE psu that what you need.
 
Neither of those PSUs is any good. Just get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027
Rule of thumb always buy MORE psu that what you need.
That isn't a rule of thumb, and please stop posting that. You're not helping.
 
Last edited:
BTW why this case in the first place? Why not go with cooler master, antec or some other more reputable case manufacture? I'm sure that you would find a more quality product from either of them.
Xion is a sub brand of Super Flower, the PSU inside that case is a very low end Super Flower unit which is still better than most PSUs you'll find inside Cooler Master cases ;)

@OP, the PSUs you listed(Visiontek & Apex) are utter shit, don't buy either of them..
List your budget, the parts you already have(if any) and what's the designated use of this system and you'll get the best suggestions that way.
 

Neither of those are any good: They can barely deliver even half of their rated wattage. And even at half-capacity, they are more likely than a good PSU to kill your system's components enough to require total and expensive replacement of the affected parts - a cost which can approach, if not exceed, what you paid for the entire system. This is because the Apex and VisionTek PSIs are basically Deer/L&C and Powmax/Diablotek PSUs, respectively. PSUs that are known to fail with an explosion and take out some or even most of the system's components with them.
 
I was wondering if this Power Supply and Case is good enough?
I'm using it to play a sort of hard core gaming. I'm using GTX 460 for that PSU.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1148945&CatId=1845

Is there anyway you can hold off until you can afford a quality psu to power that gtx460? It would be much wiser to invest in a better unit than what you keep posting.

Antec,Cosair, Enermax will head you in the right direction and should have some 500-600w that should not break the bank on you. Seasonic is a fav too but they can get pricey.
 
Rule of thumb always buy MORE psu that what you need.

I agree with the two responses to that: It's bad advice, and results in a would-be-user paying far more money than he/she really intends to or needs to. That GTX 460 does not need an ultra-high-power PSU. It just needs a much better quality 500 to 550W PSU than what the OP has posted so far. And as I implied in my previous post, both of the non-bundled PSUs that the OP listed are not worth even half of their selling prices at those two resellers. However, a good 500 to 550W PSU costs more than $40 - in fact, in the $50 to $60 price range for a non-modular PSU (or in the $75 to $100 price range for modular).

And speaking of the case that the OP listed, I would not get it even without a PSU: That case, being only about 16" deep, is extremely cramped on the inside from front to rear that a GTX 460 or any decent gaming GPU would not even fit inside the case, particularly with a hard drive installed in a bay that's in line with the PCI-e x16 slot on a motherboard. Because of that depth, it is restricted to cards no longer than 8.5" long (the average GTX 460 is longer than that). That rules out just about every single one of the current gaming GPUs. And the PSU that comes with that case is of unknown quality (and if it isn't a Xion-branded PSU, it's most likely of craptacular quality).
 
Last edited:
Xion is a sub brand of Super Flower, the PSU inside that case is a very low end Super Flower unit which is still better than most PSUs you'll find inside Cooler Master cases ;)

@OP, the PSUs you listed(Visiontek & Apex) are utter shit, don't buy either of them..
List your budget, the parts you already have(if any) and what's the designated use of this system and you'll get the best suggestions that way.
Super Flower is great but they just can't make decent power supply for that price. It can't be good and it doesn't necessarily mean that they use their own. Maybe they bought bunch from the Chines bomb makers...
 
Back
Top