Is this possible on an iPad2??

Lyquist

2[H]4U
I have noticed one thing that really bothers me about my iPad 2. I can't seem to attach things to e-mails??? I know that I can go into Photos, and then do it...but why isn't there some kind of "attach" button within gmail? Just confused about this...otherwise, I am quite happy with it.

Unfortunately not really. You pretty much have to use whatever app supports the files you want to attach. If you want to send a Pages document, you have to send it from Pages. If you want to send a Keynote, send it from Keynote, etc. Sorry. There isn't really much in the way of a file system for you to be able to send any real files.

I do agree they need to include an "Attach photo" icon in their mail app.

I just find it very odd and counter-intuitive...but like I said, overall I am really liking this thing.

It is. You can try posting on macrumors and ask someone with a developer account to check.

If you are using a file management program like Dropbox or an Office suite you can attach files, they'll have an option when you're viewing or editing a file to email it to someone.

If you are using a file management program like Dropbox or an Office suite you can attach files, they'll have an option when you're viewing or editing a file to email it to someone.

But you still have the same problem of having to open another program in order to attach something to an e-mail. This became obvious to me when I was e-mailing somebody back and forth, and they wanted pictures and instead of being able to keep it in the same e-mail thread, I had to back out, go to photos and start an entirely new e-mail in order to send pictures. This is actually the only issue I have with the iPad 2 so far.

While you are typing an e-mail go into the photos app and copy and paste a photo into the e-mail.

Other apps may support the same kind of thing for different file types but I haven't tried.

Back