• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this overclock good? (OC Newb here)

Mickelonis

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
203
Ok, so I am a huge Palit fan....

This is what I have my Palit 8800GT 1GB Super at right now....

Stock = 600GPU/900Memory/1500Shader

My OC = 750GPU/950Memory/1850Shader

I have the GPU liquid cooled, and the memory has aftermarket ramsinks on them.

Good? Bad? Advice to raise it?

This is my first time really attempting to overclock this card. It hasn't artifacted at all, I only stopped raising the different clocks because I got scared lol. If you were doing this, which clock speed would you work on at this point?

Thanks in advance!

Proof here = http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=8709730

-Syn
 
I think you can push your memory some more but your Shader and GPU clock are good. Are you overclocking with bios flashes or a tool (Rivatuner/nTune/Precision)? If so, you have more headroom to test since it's harder to brick your card that way.
 
Thanks for the reply...

I'm using Nvidia's control panel to clock my card. I'll work on the memory next.
 
Yeah I'm sure your memory can go higher. My GTX hits 999mhz easily. You've got me on the core and shaders though........bastard. :D

Post back. Let us know what you get outta that mem. Good luck. *thumbs up*
 
Back
Top