Is this OK?

Nearsite

Gawd
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
965
Is it OK to manually adjust my video card fan and have it run constantly at 50%. The reason I'm asking is becuaes I've OC'ed my video card and want it to stay cool.
 
I guess it really depends, but I can't imagine the MTBF would lessen to a degree in which you'd notice during ownership.
 
Is it OK to manually adjust my video card fan and have it run constantly at 50%. The reason I'm asking is becuaes I've OC'ed my video card and want it to stay cool.

Logic would say to check your temps when you run it at 50%.. but thats just logic.
 
Yeah, CCC downclocks the card automatically when idle. I guess I'll just leave it as is - it's just that when I play Dragon Age, after a couple of hours, the game crashes with vertical lines, so I think it might possibly have to do with the OC on my video card.
 
Back
Top