is this normal

zidion

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
427
ive had my water cooling system for about 3 weeks now.

My thing holds abour 400ml of water, and since ive had it ive had to add approx. 25ml of water.

is that normal?
 
zidion said:
ive had my water cooling system for about 3 weeks now.

My thing holds abour 400ml of water, and since ive had it ive had to add approx. 25ml of water.

is that normal?

I have heard other people having to add water to their systems weekly... I'm not sure why though. I've been running mine for about 3 weeks. and haven't had to add any water, if the levels gone down any it's been very miniscule.
 
yes thats normal, you have to add because you're bleeding a little air out of the system.
 
i had my watercooling for over a year with out replacing anywater. all i used was distilled water and some anti-algae stuff. if you are still bleeding air out of your wc system after three weeks, thats gonna be a lil problem.
 
Vulcanus said:
yes thats normal, you have to add because you're bleeding a little air out of the system.

The would be true if you had an open reservoir, but for a T line or closed reservoir system, the only way air would be getting out is through the seals on the reservoir caps...etc. Which are usually pretty tight.
 
My EXOS has been running nonstop for about 2 weeks now. Only time I've touched it was to add a capfull of Water Wetter a few days ago. When I did it I actually had to remove a little of the coolant so it wouldn't over flow.
 
Back
Top