Is this normal?

panta

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
106
I'm not really sure what to call it, but here goes. Prominent edges or boundaries where there is a change in colour, instead of a smooth transition:

Bad Company 2:





Not sure if this is the same thing appearing here in a WM player window:

 
Last edited:
it's a limitation of the hardware... perfectly normal.

edit: or that's the way the image was created

try adjusting your brightness/contrast/saturation levels to help hide it
 
Don't judge banding off of a game screen. It's pretty common for skies to be banded that way in a game.
 
it very well might just be what the game does

otherwise most monitors do stuff like that unless they have fancy and high-bit internal processing, at least at times
 
Since you posted a screencap, we can't see what your monitor displays; but even on an 8-bit display like my ZR24w, there is minimal banding in BC2. It's probably a limitation of the game engine and the way it blends screen space effects.

Programs like Photoshop render smooth gradients using dithering in 8-bit per channel images; it looks like BC2 and MS didn't utilize this :).
 
I dont see anything. Nice game. Never play any games on my PC. I guess I am too old for games.

You trying to shoot airplane with that gun?
 
Back
Top