• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this normal turbo behavior (i7 860)?

techpriest

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
478
Can't find an answer to this... Got my board from an rma, previous one was warped (p7p55d-e pro)

At stock /w HT on when I stress all cores the multiplier always raises to x22. Shouldn't it raise only to x21 because it's using all cores at 100%?

Is my ripjaws 1600 running with xmp profile causing something weird? Highest heat is 65cº with a noctua d14

Programs used:
Intel Burn test (tested with auto, 8 threads, 4 threads)
Prime95 (8 threads)
cpu z
realtemp's i7 turbo monitoring
 
Give me a few minutes to see. I am typing from an i7 860.

Edit: Yes calculated multiplier of 22 when 8 threads are running 100%.
 
cool thanks. Btw drescherjm what are your temps/cooler at 100%? I'm using a noctua d14 and I'm getting around 65-68c at stock
 
30C to 36C idle. Let me test load again.. 55 to 60C compiling my C++ source code on 8 threads. I will test IBT. 60C to 73C with IBT maxburn. Above 65C it appears that the multiplier goes back to 21 more often. Calculated 21.6 at 69C.
 
Last edited:
drescherjm thanks that seems just like mine. I guess I can take the next step now and oc
 
Back
Top