• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this normal for Q9550 E0?

kstud

n00b
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
23
System Specs:
- Q9550 E0 @ 3.6ghz (1.26v CPUz)
* Everything else at stock
- Gigabyte p45-UD3P
- True 120 (Push Pull config with 120mm Scythe s-flex)
* Case fans: 2x120mm Scythe s-flex (intake and exhaust)
- 4 gig Patriot EP 1066
- WD 640 Black
- Corsair HX520W
- HD 4850

Linpack Testing TEMP: 67, 64, 61, 61
- Are the temps normal?

I've heard that 3.6ghz was the sweet spot for the Q9550 and anything above 3.6ghz are diminishing in performance gain. True?

Thanks guys
 
Those temps do seem a little high, but they're perfectly acceptable. It also depends on your ambient temperature, so if the room is warm, that would make the CPU run hotter.

And there is no real sweet spot. Personally, I'd push the chip as far as it can go stably without exceeding safe voltages. You have a good chance of hitting 4GHz with your motherboard and an E0 chip, but at the very least you could almost certainly reach 3.8GHz. Whether or not you give that a shot depends on how satisfied you are with your current level of performance.
 
I picked up a Q9550 over the weekend. I get temps of 58, 57, 58, 58 according to realtemp while running prime95. Room temperature was about 74F. Rig specs in sig below. I did lap the TRUE since I had to take it all apart to install the processor. I also installed a washer between the bracket and heatsink. It used to shift around a little when clipping the fan on. I'm using MX2.
 
My Q9550 idled over 50C at stock speeds and C1E enabled and hit 70 to 75C under full load. That was with the stock fan and automatic fan speed adjustment. I replaced the stock fan / heatsink with an AC Freezer 7 Pro and that knocked 20C off the idle and full load temps.
 
What are you guys running to get load?

Prime95 alone reads 59-54-51-51

Prime and LinePack is where the 67 C comes in.
 
Back
Top