• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this normal for Intel 520 180gb

luke51087

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
2,432
So i just recently got my 256gb samsung 830 from the newegg special so i decided to do some benchmarks. If anyone has an intel 520 180gb or something close are these speeds normal?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/asssdbenchintelssdsc2cw.png/


Just comparing it to my new drive and the write speed looks pitiful, ive done the intel SSD optimizations and everything

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/asssdbenchsamsungssd830u.png/

Both are plugged in to sata 6gb ports the 2 on my board
 
Is the intel your system drive? Could it be sharing some IO with other running programs?
 
My first guess is that I'd say thats likely the reason of some of the performance dips.

I'd suspect if you had the drive empty with another drive as the OS, you would see closer to the expected 550r/520w.

Seems like a really big hit though. just for running windows though, so maybe there is more too it than meets the eye.
 
yeah im not really sure i have 126gb of the 167gb free, barely anything on it
 
yeah im not really sure i have 126gb of the 167gb free, barely anything on it

I do not believe the amount allocated is the problem. More like its hard to get windows to stop using the OS drive for long enough to make a benchmark.
 
AS-SSD uses incompressible data. It's been a while since I've run it, but I believe my Vertex3s do about the same. Try using Atto - that should give better sequential speeds.
 
That is the difference between compressible and incompressible data with the Sandforce controller.
 
I have a Intel 520 180gb and 120gb...

Did you do the optimization with the least amount of things running in the background?

I get very good speeds even with the FDE fully enabled (like ata password setup etc).
 
Back
Top