Is this normal for a 290x?

m3ta1head

Have been playing around with a Visiontek 290x and this is after just a day of messing around. Pushed it to 1250/1600/+120mv and it seems to be taking it like a champ. I was under the impression that these cards can't take much more than 1150mhz core... :confused:

cL7jowt.png[

q6L8sq2.png
3zHbGUp.png

My 290x I unlocked from a 290 would do that during benchmarks all day... Fire up BF4 and I would lock up.

I backed down to 1150/1575/+75mv for gaming which is already more than fast enough (I game at 1200p)...just wanted to push this card to see what it could do. Haven't had any crashes at either of these settings. I did start getting artifacts above 1250mhz, but I didn't want to push the voltage any further as the card was already getting close to loading at 90c. It's begging to be put under water...

Looks better than my Gigabyte 290x. I was getting artifacts at anything above 1150. It could bench at 1180, and the scores would still be a bit better, but not what I would call totally stable.

I've also found that different games put a different load on the various GPU resources, so some games end up handling higher clocks better than others. I now stick with 1080/1320 for everything just for simplicity - and if I run into a game that could use a few more frames then I will tune a specific OC profile just for that game.

I backed down to 1150/1575/+75mv for gaming which is already more than fast enough (I game at 1200p)...just wanted to push this card to see what it could do. Haven't had any crashes at either of these settings. I did start getting artifacts above 1250mhz, but I didn't want to push the voltage any further as the card was already getting close to loading at 90c. It's begging to be put under water...

My 290 does 1275Mhz Core easily during 4-5 hour sessions of Shadows of Mordor (all settings cranked)..I can easily bench over 1.3Ghz but games are much different..I have found this game pushes my card's temperatures to the highest I have seen them, which are ~58C core and ~70C VRM1..I just let the last brand new EK full cover block I had go for $60 or I would give you a deal on it.

Back