• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this normal? ( Dell 2005fpw )

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
5,078
Ok, maybe i've just never noticed this, but if I look closely at my Dell 2005fpw, I see horizontal "scan" lines going up ( or down ) I can only see it when its on anything BUT black. I don't think it used to do it, but maybe I just never noticed.
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
Ok, maybe i've just never noticed this, but if I look closely at my Dell 2005fpw, I see horizontal "scan" lines going up ( or down ) I can only see it when its on anything BUT black. I don't think it used to do it, but maybe I just never noticed.

it might be normal couse I have then to on the left side of the one I just got. Its the A2 version. I was just about to start a thread about this. Can anyone else let us know If it is normal?
 
Odd, this is not normal.

I have one and mine does not have any of these scan lines.
 
I thought LCDs have pixels that change color..why does it need scan lines like a CRT?
or am i just confused?
 
trust me this one I have has zero dead pixels. I dont know what up. But yea it has soft scan lines on 1 side.
 
screen door effect. save yourself, get a samsung. why anyone puts up with dell's crap is beyond me.
 
Just out of curiosity, do you have the monitor refresh rate set to anything BUT 60Hz vertical? Not sure if that would so anything........

Yea, I find that very very strange. LCD's are a matrix, not a electron beam that sweeps the screen. As far as I can tell, my LCD has never done this.
 
Tutelary said:
screen door effect. save yourself, get a samsung. why anyone puts up with dell's crap is beyond me.
Well that's not too nice.

I had a samsung 710T for a few days, and that to me was crap. Save yourself and get what ever makes you happy, that's the best thing. ^_^
 
ok it went away....there was interference between the cables, once I moved some stuff, it was gone.
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
ok it went away....there was interference between the cables, once I moved some stuff, it was gone.
Weren't the cables that came with the dell monitor shielded on both ends? Anyways, glad you found out the problem. I'll have to keep this in the back of my mind.
 
Tutelary said:
screen door effect. save yourself, get a samsung. why anyone puts up with dell's crap is beyond me.

I have 2 Dell 1905FP monitors. Look them it up and tell me where the screen comes from, mate.
:p

I have a 2005FP as well and it is an LG Philips screen.
 
the 2005 is notorious for screen door, regardless of that being the end problem here or not (aside from its other incredible array of problems involving backlight bleeding and dead pixels). most people dont want to return a monitor 4 times to get one they are happy with, something I noticed happening a LOT in the major dell 2005 thread.
 
I get scanlines when I'm using the D-sub (VGA) connector to my Linux box. I don't get it at all with the DVI connection.

Looks to be inteference of some sort. Probably due to my large HT speakers sitting very close by :D
 
Tutelary said:
the 2005 is notorious for screen door, regardless of that being the end problem here or not (aside from its other incredible array of problems involving backlight bleeding and dead pixels). most people dont want to return a monitor 4 times to get one they are happy with, something I noticed happening a LOT in the major dell 2005 thread.

Well, I have zero dead pixels and no backlight issues :D This was the first i've seen this "Screendoor effect" and now its gone so I love my monitor :cool:
 
The calbes that come with the 2005FPW have something to do with it. They are not near the quality of the cables that came with my 2001FP. I switched the cables and the 2005FPW looks much better so that is why I say I don't see them. I believe it is a cable problem (shown from his moving cables correcting the issue).

Just get a nice DVI or VGA (hey or both) cable from better cables, blue jean cables, or a company of similar quality and you will be alright!
 
The shielding on the cables that come from Dell is not all that thick, so if you run your cable paralell to any power cable you can get interferance that results in the scan lines your talkin about. Either move the cables or buy higher quality ones :)
 
oh, the "he doesnt know what hes talking about but he posted about it anyway". Feebs.
 
Tutelary said:
I know damn well what it is. His description leaves a lot to be desired. Given it was a 2005, and the 2005's have been known to have screen door problems in the past it wasnt a big leap, champ.

Tutelary said:
oh, the "he doesnt know what hes talking about but he posted about it anyway". Feebs.

You need to get laid and mellow out man.....

Peace
:D
 
Back
Top