• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

is this card dead or ???

sparks

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
3,206
In an older system I have at the house for dong odds and ends. Its windows xp pro pIV and an ati 800 video card. It has worked well for 2 yrs with no problems...last Dec I started getting weird stuff happening. Then in Feb I started to get blue screens. After about a million tries a friend said oh I got that, it was the video card. HUM heck I tried everything else...first I ran drive cleaner, and reinstalled the drivers....yep...nope one good boot then all blue screens.
So anyway I pulled the video card....installed an old Geforce4, ran drive clearner in safe mode and installed the latest drivers and no more problems.

WAS or IS this a bad card, corrupt drivers...like I said I did driver cleanr and install the latest drivers and it worked one day, then blues again. I don't know what or how to find out if its the card...stick it back in that system. try another system or ?
 
Hi,

Firstly you should get an indication from the description on the bluescreen as to what hardware/driver caused the crash, secondly if the card was two years old perhaps it was overheating, had you given it a clean, removed dust, checked the fan was operating?

You might find your PSU was giving up as the MX440 uses less power than the 800, but these are just shots in the dark as you really havent given us enough information.

If it is a hardware problem its a process of elimination, give it a go in another machine etc.

Regards,

Gilj
 
Back
Top