Is this bh5?

xbreaka

Gawd
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
604
My pc2700 kingston hyper-x 512 mb ram has been running at 2-2-2-6, at 2.9 volts and at 200fsb. Is this bh5?
 
Possibly. Or maybe BH-6. Hard to know for sure unless you take the heatspreaders off and just look but i dont advise you to do that.
 
Doesn't it really matter? Obviously it overclocks great, I can't really see why it would make a difference if you knew if it were BH5 or BH6. Just curious, I suppose? (Nothing wrong with that!) :p
 
Originally posted by RS3RS
Doesn't it really matter? Obviously it overclocks great, I can't really see why it would make a difference if you knew if it were BH5 or BH6. Just curious, I suppose? (Nothing wrong with that!) :p

Because BH-6 wont overclock as well as BH-5. BH-6 is only 166Mhz chips while BH-5 is 200Mhz. And they usually both require more than default voltage just to run to spec.
 
Only one way to find out for sure....

Pull the headspreaders off and look at the chips!
 
Back
Top