• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Is this bad?

t33kkk

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
84
031807083zl8.jpg

031807084pg9.jpg


intel 6300
asus p5n-e SLI
8800gts

the Arctic Cooling FP7 is touching the northbridge, and the 8800gts is touching the zalman heatsink for the southbridge. All of this is going into a lian li v1000.
 
there is a difference between touching and pressing, if it's pressing against it, I would say, yes. I wouldn't like it.

phil
 
not sure if you can tell, but the FP7 is actually pushing the Northbridge HS off center. It was pretty tough putting it on.

Anyways, getting my case tomorrow and I'll post temps along with more pics!
 
well, you need a different NB cooler then, since this one is definitely screwed, prolly not sitting flash on the NB, if the HSF is being pushed on by the cpu cooler :)
 
not sure if you can tell, but the FP7 is actually pushing the Northbridge HS off center. It was pretty tough putting it on.

Anyways, getting my case tomorrow and I'll post temps along with more pics!

You can always bend the fins down on that side... Just a mm or two should help.

If it's pushing the FP7, you risk it not sitting flush with the chip. A huge no-no.
 
Back
Top