Is this a worthwhile upgrade?

Davenow

Gawd
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
955
I have now
XP 2100+ Kt7a motherboard with 512 DDR266

I can get for $150 bucks
P4 2.66(533) on Gigabyte GA-8SG667 mainboard

add in a 512 stick of DDR333 for 100 bucks and its done.

I think its a killer deal, and will be MUCH faster right?
 
Is that for a brand new P4 and mobo? I don't know much about that particular mobo but the P4 2.6 alone usually costs more than $150. I'd say go for it.
 
Itll be a bit faster, but not blazingly fast "youll shoot your eye out" fast.

For 150 you can get an athlon xp 2800 barton. Or you could get a 2400, more ram, and then go out to eat or something :)
 
its not new, but is 100% working and wasnt overclocked
BTW my MB wont support a barton2800.
 
from newegg bud...... the nf7- NON S is 60 bucks shipped plus the barton 2500 is 85 w/o hsf........ sounds close enough.
 
personally i'd hold out a bit longer till the new intel cpus come out
 
Back
Top