is this a winchester?

Rantis

Weaksauce
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=MB-BA20769

I am just trying to figure out if this is a newcastle or a winchester. it is a 939 socket 3200+ and that is only available as a winchester chip?

I would love to buy from newegg(which is very desciptive), but they charge tax for us poor NJ residents. so mwave is my place......

This will be my first AMD purchase ever. i have been an intel fan for years. my current chip is an intel 2.8 northwood. will this amd chip stomp my current 2.8?

thanks!

Thanks for the replies,

can anyone else confirm that it is a winchester? (i am about ready to buy)

It must be as there are no 3200+ Newcastles.

Xrave said:
It must be as there are no 3200+ Newcastles.

err....newcastle cores are available in a 3200+ it's just that theyre s754 mmmkay?

WEZ said:
err....newcastle cores are available in a 3200+ it's just that theyre s754 mmmkay?
we are all talking about socket 939. we all know tehre are 3200+ NC for 754.

But he doesn't want to use Newegg. Just read what he typed and you would understand that he doesn't want to pay any taxes, therefore he's ordering from mwave.com.

Back on topic, yes, that's a Winchester.

WEZ said:

We're only talking about s939.

Yes I understand that you were referring to s939....was kinda joking [mayhap aussie humour doesn't translate well elsewhere] anyhoo soz if i upset anyone..
I've tested around 30 or so s939 in 3500+, 3200+ cpu's and the 90nm 3200+[after week45] from an o'clocking view kicks the 3500+ ass ...however you may have a 90nm 3500+ available to you in the states [there are none in australia yet:(
and yes I agree the 3200+ is a winchester:)]

WEZ said:
however you may have a 90nm 3500+ available to you in the states [there are none in australia yet:(

Yea, we have them :D

Monarch Computer will ship internationally as long as you have a US based credit card and/or use Western Union.

Hurry and go buy one ;)

Back