Is this a good starter open loop setup.

I don't know anything about the pump, but I have XSPC barbs, reservoir, and radiators and all were fine. Their Raystorm block seems to get pretty good feedback too.

You don't need to flush anything but the radiator.

The 750 pump is prone to failure (they claim it's much better than previous versions, I have my doubts about that). Also, based on recent threads about XSPC, customer service is borderline non-existent.

I just bought one of those kits for a computer I'm building for a friend as a christmas gift and should be installing it this weekend. I have a full custom loop and was planning on setting up one for him piece by piece, but it was far less expensive buying the kit, even with the same parts. I had the same reservations with the pump in this kit, but I like XSPC products so far and I've been impressed with the kit as far as components and presentation.

Martin from martinsliquidlab had good things to say about the bay res/pump a while ago but didn't test longevity. I figure it will be fine and if it's not, I'll just get a D5 and drop it in there, still saving money from building it separately anyways.

I'll send you a pm after I get it implemented and let you know what I think.

Back