• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this a good reciever?

Aus10

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
1,870
Hello, I decided to drop computers and move to HTPCs and home theaters so I picked out my klipsch speakers and i need a reciever and i found this one and i really like it but the reviews arnt to promising and I dont know if it will do what i want it to or not so...

It is the Pioneer VSX-1021-K..
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-VSX-1...Glossy/dp/B004M8RPBI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

My plan is to connect a Ps3 HTPC and cable box to the reciever either via HDMI or optical. It said it had issues with HDMI pass through so i am kinda worried about that. I also like the airplay thing for my Iphone but im worried cuz everyone else in my house has a Apple device so i would like to make it just for me dont know if i can do that. I just would like to be able to turn my TV on and turn the 1021 on and then select which input i want and it have like cin or music or game decoders i can choose from for everything and do that for each one. I listen to a lot of music too but i will use it as my theater also...

So would that be a good one or should I look somewhere else?

Thank you all.

Speakers are
Klipsch C20
Klipsch F20s
Klipsch S10s

Either keep my energy Esw M6 or buy a klipsch 450 subwoofer...

So what do you guys think?

Oh budget is prolly 450 for the unit...
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
NONE of them are good RECIEVERS.. remember.. I before E except after C!!!

15320283_400x400.png


I have no clue about audio receivers.. haven't bought one since the 80s!! Good luck!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Santa
like this
NONE of them are good RECIEVERS.. remember.. I before E except after C!!!

Except for in the word "science". And "conscience". And "prescient". I could go on, but I trust the point has been made. The stupid childhood rhyme is not useful. Yes I realize he spelled it wrong. Big deal, easy mistake to make. I/E ordering doesn't make sense. You put a rule up like that and I can find tons of exceptions.

As for the receiver, ya it is a good one. Personally I'm a Denon fan so I'd get an AVR-1712 or AVR-1912 instead. However if you like Pioneer better, go for it, quality stuff.

If you do decide to get a Denon, try some place like 6th Ave electronics and call them to see if they'll offer you a better price. Denon is real aggressive with the "You can't sell online for below MSRP," thing, but some vendors will drop the price if you call and ask.
 
I would prefer to go with optical and run hdmi to all of them so the receiver doesnt mess up the video

What speakers should I look at are those klipsch good enough?

I looked at the denon 1912 and I liked it just was really expensive. So the Pioneer or the yamaha? Music and movies a lot more music though... I also like the option to connect my iPad and iPhone wireless..

Thanks guys
 
Well, Onkyo and Denon's are the BEST as far as I know. Pioneer makes good stuff too, but those two are always on top.
Yamaha makes really good Receivers as well!
That's all I know
 
I have a onkyo tx sr504 right now do you guys think i should upgrade going for a really nice setup budget for audio is about $2,000. (w/o subwoofer i will come back for it later on)..

So i looked at that yamaha and it said that it isnt iphone ipod ready and the model that is runs $700 so... Should i stick with the 1021-K? Or look at a denon or something else?

Why do almost all the reviews for receivers suck?

I cant lie that denon 1712 is growing on me so i think its between the 1721 and the pioneer....
 
Last edited:
I'd go with the Denon AVR-1712 or Onkyo TX-NR609. I prefer Audyssey to YPAO or MCACC for system tuning, but the receivers are all pretty close in features at that price point.
 
I think i am going to go with the denon thanks guys. All my music will be on my htpc so dont need the ipod stuff i guess

Will i be able to run HDMI from my htpc to the denon and then to the tv w/o messing up the picture quailty? I will do that for the htpc, ps3, and att cable box but i dont want my picture messed up which people complained about with the 1021-k,


Will that hsu sub be better then my energy subwoofer?
 
I think i am going to go with the denon thanks guys. All my music will be on my htpc so dont need the ipod stuff i guess

Will i be able to run HDMI from my htpc to the denon and then to the tv w/o messing up the picture quailty? I will do that for the htpc, ps3, and att cable box but i dont want my picture messed up which people complained about with the 1021-k,


Will that hsu sub be better then my energy subwoofer?

Yup, you'll be fine running the HDMI that way. Pioneer uses a dfferent software set for their image processing than the others.

Yes, the Hsu is miles above the Energy sub.
 
Do you think the klipsch speakers will be good with that sub? Is it good for music and movies?

Also can i use a mic to have it program all my speakers? Is it the adussy thing? (sp?)
 
Do you think the klipsch speakers will be good with that sub? Is it good for music and movies?

Also can i use a mic to have it program all my speakers? Is it the adussy thing? (sp?)

Sub and speakers don't have to match brand. in fact only front 3 speakers must match, not really the rest.

HSU sub linked is also very good one, and quite a good deal (currently on sale)

Included Microphone will work with any speakers

General Observation:
Half of people posting in this sub-forum don't know what the hell are they talking about.
The right place for you to get solid Audio advice would be Audioholics.com forums
 
Do you think the klipsch speakers will be good with that sub? Is it good for music and movies?

Also can i use a mic to have it program all my speakers? Is it the adussy thing? (sp?)

Yes, that is exactly right. The Klipsch speakers will work great with the sub, it is very musical and it works easily as well for movies. Well balanced.

Like our Bored friend says, the included mic will work fine to adjust your crossover points with Audyssey.
 
Ok thats great! Thank you guys im going to go with the denon then. Even the guys at bestbuy said that they were the best cuz they have been around the longest and have always been a step ahead

Also is there any other speakers I should look for other then those klipsch?
 
Last edited:
Did you already bought Klipsch speaker or just planning to?
If it's the latter I'd strongly rec Infinity Primus P163 at $85/ea on amazon
 
Did you already bought Klipsch speaker or just planning to?
If it's the latter I'd strongly rec Infinity Primus P163 at $85/ea on amazon

I'm planning on going with the klipsch i have heard them before i liked them i just dont know if the Synergy or the Refrence would be right serious i like the look of the synergy better
 
I like the sound of the Reference series better, but it's usually more expensive .
 
I figured I would go with the higher end S serious instead of the lower end reference maybe they will be better..
 
Back
Top