• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this a good deal?!?!

Its not a terrible deal, but there are definitely some opportunites to pricematch or upgrade:
  • You could try to pricematch this bundle at Adorama for $699
  • For $85 more you can pick up the XSi kit with the 55-250 bundle from Adorama. I think you'd be much happier with that upgrade. (add it to ur cart for the actual price)
  • Alternatively, you could pick up this Canon Refurbished XSi Kit for $499 and this Canon Refurbished 55-250 for $199 and get a better camera for less than the bestbuy deal.

I would not hesitate to buy refurbed stuff from Adorama as it is usually sold as new except that an actual Canon tech has checked to make sure everything is within manufacturing tolerences - something that doesn't happen on the normal retail assembly line.
 
Its not a terrible deal, but there are definitely some opportunites to pricematch or upgrade:
  • You could try to pricematch this bundle at Adorama for $699
  • For $85 more you can pick up the XSi kit with the 55-250 bundle from Adorama. I think you'd be much happier with that upgrade. (add it to ur cart for the actual price)
  • Alternatively, you could pick up this Canon Refurbished XSi Kit for $499 and this Canon Refurbished 55-250 for $199 and get a better camera for less than the bestbuy deal.

I would not hesitate to buy refurbed stuff from Adorama as it is usually sold as new except that an actual Canon tech has checked to make sure everything is within manufacturing tolerences - something that doesn't happen on the normal retail assembly line.

Hmm. Though I would be sacrificing an extra battery for an increase MP. And as a personal preference, I do prefer "new" despite understanding that the refurbished was looked at by a Canon technician.
 
Hmm. Though I would be sacrificing an extra battery for an increase MP. And as a personal preference, I do prefer "new" despite understanding that the refurbished was looked at by a Canon technician.

Batteries are cheap, you can get an aftermarket one for as little as $8, or u can find Canon branded ones for ~$40. Bodies, on the other hand, are expensive and inconvenient to upgrade. I'd rather shell out more up front for a better body than get tempted by a "throwaway" extra.

I can understand the inclination to buy new, its totally up to you. Both only offer a 1yr warranty though, unless you purchase bestbuy's extended plan (where they just send it to their service depot who then forwards it to Canon).
 
Batteries are cheap, you can get an aftermarket one for as little as $8, or u can find Canon branded ones for ~$40. Bodies, on the other hand, are expensive and inconvenient to upgrade. I'd rather shell out more up front for a better body than get tempted by a "throwaway" extra.

I can understand the inclination to buy new, its totally up to you. Both only offer a 1yr warranty though, unless you purchase bestbuy's extended plan (where they just send it to their service depot who then forwards it to Canon).

Thank you sir.
 
Back
Top