• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this a good deal?

go for an 8800gt or gts, 512mbwill serve you better in the long run
 
My mb is an older mb but I have 2 PCI express slots for sli.. At my resoultion I guess 2 of these cards in SLI wouldn't be a great idea?
 
My mb is an older mb but I have 2 PCI express slots for sli.. At my resoultion I guess 2 of these cards in SLI wouldn't be a great idea?

Except maybe for Crysis, I don't think you need SLI, especially at that res. But if you want a bit more power for not much more money, get a 8800 GT 512.
 
I ended up buying a Q6600 from the Egg. Microcenter had the same price for it but driving a 45 minutes to a Microcenter would burn too much gas.
 
I saw a similar thread for a paper advertisment from Tigerdirect for a 3870x2 for the same price. The thing about it it said "add to cart" on paper.

Haha, I saw that too... one member jokingly commented that the icon wasnt working when he clicked on the picture, but he was going to keep trying and let us know. I lol'd.

I ended up buying a Q6600 from the Egg.

Good call :D
 
For me when upgrading is choosing the last components and I usually leave MB, Vid Card and Processor till the last to make sure I have best bang for buck.

It's so hard to say goodbye AMD, I've been a fanboy of you for so long.:(
 
It's so hard to say goodbye AMD, I've been a fanboy of you for so long.:(

Haha, you sound like they declared bankruptcy. AMD and Intel go back and forth. Intel has the market by the balls right now, but I'm sure AMD will swing back soon.
 
Back
Top