Is this a good deal to get windows vista?

That's the promotion everyone else is jumping on as noted by the 5 or 6 threads floating around about it. So if it works, then yes it's worthwhile to pursue it.

theres going to be a catch somewhere down the line where MS will say features will be unavailable for upgraders ....You can see it happening :)

I would not be surprised one bit, if Microsoft ended up not honoring these promos. Anywhere I have seen it written, it clearly states that a full system must be purchased.

djnes said:
I would not be surprised one bit, if Microsoft ended up not honoring these promos. Anywhere I have seen it written, it clearly states that a full system must be purchased.

That IS what the M$ forms state however NewEgg customer service managers have assured me that the upgrades will be honored with just the purchase of the software itself.
I appear to have had my upgrade through the final hurdle with the vendor handling the upgrades for Microssoft, Moduslink, after I faxed them the confirmation number they issued me along with the NewEgg receipt for the software. According to their site, my upgrade order has been confirmed.

djnes said:
oem resellers such as Newegg,have thier own deal with MS,to sell thier XP software with the upgrade to Vista. I'm sure,and have written documentation from Newegg,saying the upgrade will be approved with just the receipt for proof of purchase of oem XP software. It's also stated on thier website. See #23 of the FAQ section. My order has been confirmed,and the paperwork mailed.

Back