is this a good deal or can I build better for around same price?

For me, at lease, the use of a HDD plus a small cache to supplement it disqualifies it. Better something with a proper 250+ GB SSD for the OS/apps/games.

Yes, you can build that for cheaper or around the same price.

Cyberpower has a poor reputation from people on this board.

You can do a bit better - there's been 8700k + 16GB RAM + SSD + 1080 setups for lower. Here's an example (but you'll need to follow the subreddit, Slickdeals, TechBargains, etc).

That said, I do agree that pre-built manufacturers have sketchy build quality and questionable warranty support. If a part goes bad... you have to deal with them instead of the manufacturer directly.

Here's a configured custom build - you can obviously shop around for parts, the 8700k can often be found for $300ish, cooler for around $30, GTX 1080 hovers around $500ish.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ctGntg

^ Fully overclockable setup (8700k + Z370 versus 8700 non-key and questionable motherboard in the CyberPowerPC), and everything else is about the same. I even added a Samsung 970 EVO NVME 250GB drive, and a nice tempered glass case

Well, great info..and thanks for the build link.....Really blows my mind how much RAM is costing now days..some one is scamming on the Price for sure (anyway that is another thread..i see)

Back