Is This A Good Deal On A Notebook ???

SuperG

Limp Gawd
Hi all, I am getting ready to purchase a Notebook, and I wanted good specs and a 3 year warranty. I was hoping to get input to see if this is a good deal.

THE INFO:

Inspiron E1505 Intel® Core™ Duo Proc T2400 (1.83GHz/667MHz/2 X 1MB L2 Cache)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Home
LCD Panel 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
Video Card 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™
Hard Drive 80GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Network Card and Modem Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
Combo/DVD+RW Drives FREE 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Sound Options Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition
Wireless Networking Cards Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Internal Wireless
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft Office Basic - Includes Word, Excel, and Outlook email
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) McAfee Security Center with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 36-months
Primary Battery 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Hardware Warranty 3Yr Ltd Warr,At-Home Service,and HW Warr Support plus Nights and Weekends
Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Future Operating Systems Windows Vista™ Capable
Operating System Re-Installation CD PC Restore recovery system by Symantec
Dell Digital Entertainment Starter Entertainment Pack - Basic digital Music, Photo and Game experience

All of this including the coupon plus any applicable charges is a grand total of $1180.00

Is this worth buying, or is there something else or better deals on this model? Remember this includes the 3 yr warranty I wanted, so if something else is 1200 but does not include the additional warranty, than it is of no use.

Thanks once again to anyone who inputs.

SuperG

osalcido said:
wait for merom

That is an idea, but the problem is, I need the notebook for school, and I heard the meroms will not be released until late 2006, at whcih time I am also guessing they will be much more expensive for the first few months atleast. I am needing to spend about $1200, which includes everything plus a 3 year warranty, and I just don't see that being possible until about 8-12 months from now, which unforunately is too long to wait. If my assesment is incorrect, please let me know.

Otherwise, please everyone, continue to comment on this perticular notebook, the dell E1505.

Thanks.

SuperG

SuperG said:
That is an idea, but the problem is, I need the notebook for school, and I heard the meroms will not be released until late 2006, at whcih time I am also guessing they will be much more expensive for the first few months atleast. I am needing to spend about $1200, which includes everything plus a 3 year warranty, and I just don't see that being possible until about 8-12 months from now, which unforunately is too long to wait. If my assesment is incorrect, please let me know.

Otherwise, please everyone, continue to comment on this perticular notebook, the dell E1505.

Thanks.

SuperG

by late 2006 you mean late august right?

I have that exact same notebook with identical specs, it's a great notebook and i havent had one problem with it so far. only thing i would change on it is the white bumpers which i'm thinking about painting :rolleyes: .. another thing you might think about is the size of the laptop, i under estimated how big a 15" notebook really is. i'm thinking i could've actually settled for the 14" to save on weight and size when i'm travelling. other than that it's great.

im pretty sure I read merom would launch with conroe... I think youre maybe referring to intel's santa rosa tech (NAND Flash Drives (Instant boot) higher FSB , etc.)?

Thats due 1st half 07

Back