is this a good deal for vista ultimate?

Keep in mind that it's 32-bit (whole other debate). I don't know what the price converts to in dollars, but it looks like the full version so it seems like a pretty good deal.

Keep in mind that it's 32-bit (whole other debate). I don't know what the price converts to in dollars, but it looks like the full version so it seems like a pretty good deal.

equates to about $230, i am a little worryed about this as i have just read up on OEM products tonight and because i may want to format / upgrade my PC a number of times the may ban my key because they my think im intalling vista on more that one PC (which i wont of corse)

so you dont get this problem with retail?

like the guy said, each time you install you'll have to call product support in order to activate it. it's not a big deal if you keep telling them you only install it on one PC. that's all they want to hear. retail simply extends the number of times you can activate it before having to call them every time. otherwise it's the same exact product.

cheers for the info, just seams to be a HUGE price difference in the uk between retail and OEM i dont care who i call if it saves me almost £250. £125 OEM from micro direct V's £369.99 retail from PCworld ....ouch!:eek:

there supposedly going to crack down on it, and OEM is gonna mean once, period. end of discussion. We shall see if that is the case tho

Whoa whoa whoa. Retail also gives you technical support. OEM means you have to consult whoever built your computer (or you) for troubleshooting and repairs.

Of course, sometimes you can call MS and try to get some help, and I bet they'll help you sometimes anyway, but technically when you buy retail, you're buying he support as well.

Back