• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Is this a good combo?

Phizzalot

n00b
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
5
Hello everyone...

I plan on upgrading an older system and want to get the following items

Asus A8V-E SE
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1gb Geil ram 2x512mb

Here are a few links to these items for more info

Mobo/Processor
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1964574&CatId=1619

Memory
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...&ci_srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=09-15959487-2

I am goining with my previous Geforce 64mb Card which is good enough for me....
I also will be using my same hardrive for now...

So is ths a good combo for 300.00? If anyone has a better mb/proc/ram combo out there, let me know....
 
If you're buying a new board, processor, and RAM, you might as well go socket AM2 or conroe.
 
Any suggestions on boards based off of the one I was thinking about above?

Thanks for the reply... I'll look into some of theses...
 
Hmm... I don't like VIA chipsets (no oc) and 120 seems alot for that combo... i recall seeing something similar for $99 but it may have been something else...

Hopefully you're in the US hehe:
Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138026
^^ Open box $25 off: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138026R
Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146568
Cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103633
$250-280, I have good luck with an open box but you never know.
 
Back
Top