• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this a good 3TB drive?

No experience with the seagate NAS stuff (WD Red have done well for me at work), but that drive may be refurb/used. Only showing 1 year warranty...
 
Looks like a refurb or used drive as indicated above. One year warranty directly through the reseller? Smells fishy...
 
Looks like a refurb or used drive as indicated above. One year warranty directly through the reseller? Smells fishy...

same price as toshiba retail drive sold directly from newegg so no reason to buy from that third party.
 
Wow that's a ridiculously good price though. I'd buy a couple just to use stand alone as backup drives.

For raid arrays I prefer Toshibas or Hitachis though, or WD. Seagate has too high of a failure rate which has been shown by various stats like Backblaze. Though maybe their NAS ones are better.
 
Wow that's a ridiculously good price though. I'd buy a couple just to use stand alone as backup drives.

For raid arrays I prefer Toshibas or Hitachis though, or WD. Seagate has too high of a failure rate which has been shown by various stats like Backblaze. Though maybe their NAS ones are better.

Seagate failure rates have been dropping to average ranges in the last report and WD has been rising but I would still stick to toshiba for cost and HGST for top line stuff until Seagate sees a consistent track record.
 
That looks like a white label/enterprise pull from a machine. It could of been not used but it still looks like an OEM pull.

Either way, its a badass purchase that I think would be worth the risk.
 
Back
Top