• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this a DVI cable? o.o

MattsOnlyHope

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
119
Ok, I got a viewsonic vx910 today and went to hook it up. I thought that cable I had laying around was a dvi cable but niether end matches the lcd's dvi input. So, is this a dvi cable? If so why doesn't it match the monitors dvi input o.o

dvi.jpg
 
Yes it is a DVI cable, make sure its matched up notice the flat notch.
 
Ah, I can't figure out which one I have. Viewsonic's site just says dvi-d and but it looks like the second dvi-i on that picture, just like the dvi-d dual but with holes for the four pins. Any idea whats going on ? =\
 
Here's a picture of the connector on the monitor, does anyone know what this one is for sure? They're site lists it as DVI-D but it doesn't look like that in that diagram to me.
dvi2.jpg
 
What you have is a broken DVI connector on your monitor. See the bump in the bottom right, that shouldn't be there. RMA time.
 
A DVI-D cable will fit into a DVI-I connector......DVI-D is the most common DVI cable used.
 
Ah strange, I noticed the bottom shielding part on the monitor was bent some.. I fixed it, and now I'm on dvi but its weird that it was bent out of the box. o.o
Anyways, is there a reason this thing is only letting me have 60hz using dvi? o.o
 
MattsOnlyHope said:
Ah strange, I noticed the bottom shielding part on the monitor was bent some.. I fixed it, and now I'm on dvi but its weird that it was bent out of the box. o.o
Anyways, is there a reason this thing is only letting me have 60hz using dvi? o.o


Most LCDs won't go over 60hz. The refresh rate doesn't really matter as much on LCDs anyway.
 
Back
Top