• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Is this a decent UPS??

dar124

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
2,313
I've been looking for a UPS for the past couple of weeks. Someone here at work has a Tripp Lite SmartPro 750USB that's only a month old and is willing to sell it to me for $100. It looks like a good deal for what Amazon is selling them for, but I wanted to try to get some recommendations here to see if this is a good quality UPS?? I'd pretty much be using it down in my basement for my home server (listed in my signature). Thanks in advance.

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-SmartPro-750USB-connector/dp/B004RC7YV0
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
At work I have 3 of the 1500VA models of this connected to linux servers. I find these to be a reasonable alternative to APC units. The 1500VA models have 3 x 12V SLA batteries ( I believe 7 to 9AH).
 
Yea, but I'd probably have to add a bit of S&H to that $125 so it may end up being closer to $150. And I was hoping to talk the $100 for the Tripp Lite down to about $75. But just wanted to make sure that it was a decent product before spending any money on it. I'd ultimately pay more for better quality, but always looking to save a few bucks!!! :D
 
If you have Amazon Prime, shipping is free.

For $75 though that Tripp Lite is looking pretty good
 
Ok, thanks for the responses. I'll check here with the guy at work on Monday and see if it's still available.
 
Back
Top