• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this a dead soundcard?

Dk975

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
872
I have onboard ALC889A on Gigabyte G33-DS2R and it worked this morning but now I booted up and it is not working and not listed in Device Manager. Actually only the digital audio out is listed but the analog is gone. I tried all the jacks in the back and have installed the most current Realtek drivers, and even with those drivers, the analog is gone. Does this sound dead? It lasted 2.5 years, although I do use USB speakers so it is not too much of a problem.
 
tried clearing the CMOS, perhaps its disabled or some other mundane conflict
 
Back
Top