Is there such a thing as a 24'' (non dell) monitor with an HDMI port?

TehLUEser

Limp Gawd
I've been thinking about getting next gen systems (360 and/or PS3) and I can't seem to find a 24'' monitor with an HDMI port. Does such a thing excist? (I don't want the 2407 because I don't hear too many good things) Does anyone know when some may be coming out in the near future? Thanks for any replys

There aren't any yet. The BenQ FP241W has what you're looking for, but it won't be out until June at the earliest.

Thanks alot, but do you know what the price is expected to be, also how are BenQ monitors overall?

Right now the best you can do is a DVI port which supports HCDP. You can then get a HDMI-DVI adapter/converter and you should be good to go.

Keep in mind that HDCP is only needed for movies, and that at worst with component cables you get 960 x 540 with HD-DVD / Blu-Ray movies, at best you get full HD. Component can be just as good as the digital connections, you really won't see any analogue signal degradation at typical distances.

There is a lot of hype about HDMI but its not actually needed. Its just DVI with 5.1 sound carried in the same cable. Since most monitor have sterio sound of poor quality if they have sound at all the HDMI offer no advanatage to DVI. What you need is HDCP if anything, all this antisipation of HDMI graphics cards and minitors is all hype. You don't even need HDMI to be HD ready.

does the dell 2407 have a HDMI port? If so, how many?

I move into my new house at the end of June.....was hoping to get a new monitor to hook up both my computer and x360....

how are the reviews on that BenQ monitor?

Back