Is there something wrong with my PC

kms108

n00b
The problem is when I start my PC with windows 10 pro, the windows logo comes up, I don't get the moving circle probably because of a fast boot up, which is considered normal, then I get the photo, by default it's the Windows 10 mountain and river photo, during the photo screen after 2-3 seconds it starts to flash once to a black screen (approximate 1 second) then back to the photo, it happen with a HP L2245wg 16:9 monitor that I started to use yesterday, coming from a 4:3 Philip monitor which I used before then and it didn't have this problem. Both Monitor are not new, and connected using a OEM HP mDP to DVI Adapter and OEM HP DVI Cable.

The only startup app is the gigabyte app and AMD Radeon Pro software driver, along with windows default speaker, lan etc.

Is this a problem with the refresh rate of the HP Monitor or is it something else. My full setup is the following

Ryzen 1600 CPU
Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WIFI m-ITX
Gskill Trident Z RGB 16GB AMD edition
Samsung 512GB 950 Pro SSD
AMD Radeon Pro WX3100
Silverstone SX700PLT PSU
Seagate 4TB for storage
Water cooling

Thanks for the reply, I'm not to concern about the boot time, it's just weird I get the startup flash on one of monitor, and not the other.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not to concern about the boot time, it's just weird I get the startup flash on one of monitor, and not the other.

It's a sign that your monitor liquid needs a flush - and probably a filter change too.

The problem is when I start my PC with windows 10 pro, the windows logo comes up, I don't get the moving circle probably because of a fast boot up, which is considered normal, then I get the photo, by default it's the Windows 10 mountain and river photo, during the photo screen after 2-3 seconds it starts to flash once to a black screen (approximate 1 second) then back to the photo, it happen with a HP L2245wg 16:9 monitor that I started to use yesterday, coming from a 4:3 Philip monitor which I used before then and it didn't have this problem. Both Monitor are not new, and connected using a OEM HP mDP to DVI Adapter and OEM HP DVI Cable.

The only startup app is the gigabyte app and AMD Radeon Pro software driver, along with windows default speaker, lan etc.

Is this a problem with the refresh rate of the HP Monitor or is it something else. My full setup is the following

Ryzen 1600 CPU
Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WIFI m-ITX
Gskill Trident Z RGB 16GB AMD edition
Samsung 512GB 950 Pro SSD
AMD Radeon Pro WX3100
Silverstone SX700PLT PSU
Seagate 4TB for storage
Water cooling
its probably the video card switching into the power profile that is set or any oc kicking in. my 280x did that too. nothing to worry aboot.

Thanks for the reply, So you think it's the GPU, but of the two Monitor, it's the HP thats having the problem, the philips is working no problem. I haven't OC, but I think it's the resolution changing during the bootup and during loading the OS, when switching on the monitor on the HP, there is a pop up stating Monitor status and says current setting at 1024x768 and recommended setting at 1680x1050, once windows 10 load up and after the dropout, and you check the status again, it says current setting at 1680x1050 and recommended setting at 1680x1050, my Monitor is a 23 inch 16:9. What is strange is why it has a memory of 1024x768, on the Monitor setting, I can't find anything to change it, even default has no affect.

Is the logo on the first monitor.. the main monitor... or does it boot on the second then switch to the first..

Thanks for the reply, So you think it's the GPU, but of the two Monitor, it's the HP thats having the problem, the philips is working no problem. I haven't OC, but I think it's the resolution changing during the bootup and during loading the OS, when switching on the monitor on the HP, there is a pop up stating Monitor status and says current setting at 1024x768 and recommended setting at 1680x1050, once windows 10 load up and after the dropout, and you check the status again, it says current setting at 1680x1050 and recommended setting at 1680x1050, my Monitor is a 23 inch 16:9. What is strange is why it has a memory of 1024x768, on the Monitor setting, I can't find anything to change it, even default has no affect.
yeah so its just the monitor switching to your desktop res from the low boot up res. totally normal, nothing wrong.

Is the logo on the first monitor.. the main monitor... or does it boot on the second then switch to the first..
The two Monitor are not connected together, the philips is the one I normally used, but just been given the HP, and the HP was the cause of this thread, thanks for your concern.

Back