Is there something I can change to make all the difference? 4770k Overclocking

Dajinn

Weaksauce
Here's an album with some pictures of my BIOS settings:

http://imgur.com/a/ar7yH#1

The first pic is my motherboard's additional power settings, the second pic is my CPU features settings list, and the last 3 are basically all of my overclock settings for voltage, multi, etc.

Basically, I'm looking for assistance in overclocking my 4770k. The motherboard is an MSI Z87M Gaming, microATX.

I've had trouble finding stability at all of the frequencies so far that I've overclocked up to, either because changing the vcore doesn't seem to matter, or who knows what. I can boot into Windows fine at 4.4 Ghz, but, while gaming I still seem to BSOD at random intervals, whether I get the IRQL not less or not equal debug or the video handler exception, whatever.

This motherboard has so many nil-explained options compared to my last mobo, the ASRock P67, that I don't know what matters and what doesn't. All of the voltages seem to be either "auto, override, or adaptive" mode. My last chip was a 2500k that all I had to do was set the vcore to offset mode, find a safe positive offset, adjust LLC slightly, and bam, I was stable at 4.7 Ghz at a safe 100% vcore.

So I'm hoping you guys can help point me in the right direction and let me know what voltages or settings I can change that will help me achieve stability with a lower cpu voltage.

My 4770k is delidded with liquid ultra and my cooler is the Dark Rock Pro 3 with MX4 TIM.

Thank you for any assistance.

I don't know that you are going to achieve both stability AND a lower cpu voltage. Your DRP3 should cool a higher voltage just fine anyway. Most of the settings that will make a big difference are Vcore and the ring freq (3900 should be fine). MSI also has a utility that gives you control of nearly all of that on the CD they give you with the mobo. The Extreme Tuning Utility will let you play around with it while in windows to change it til you crash.

Back