is there cheating in couter strike source?

eddie500

Gawd
I've been playing couter strike source for a week now.. Seems some players are just amazing.. they get head shots on demand.

Was wondering if there currently is ways you can cheat in this game? I know stream put out this anti cheat stuff.. so not sure if that stopped it all but what kind of cheats are out there for this game?

CS is filled with hackers....but some player are really good but its my most liked game of all time

i don't know what stream is, but if you mean Steam, yes

people hack in CSS...some servers have ban lists for public view, its really amazing how many people get VAC'd

yes there are ways to cheat but they can't be talked about here

cs:s makes it fairly easy to get headshots, so there are plenty of people who actually are really good, on some servers i play it seems like its a headshot only server. but there will always be hackers

Only place on the VAC servers and just watch for hackers. They exist but not as much on a small scrim server or a large well worked pub.

Both of those will be watched more than some small pub at the bottom of the list.

eddie500 said:
I've been playing couter strike source for a week now.. Seems some players are just amazing.. they get head shots on demand.

Was wondering if there currently is ways you can cheat in this game? I know stream put out this anti cheat stuff.. so not sure if that stopped it all but what kind of cheats are out there for this game?

Ive been playing for a week too, Its a really hard game. THere are some good starter servers for noobs like us at www.newbietrainer.com . They run two servers and every is more than happy to help you learn how to play well.

TheBluePill said:
Ive been playing for a week too, Its a really hard game. THere are some good starter servers for noobs like us at www.newbietrainer.com . They run two servers and every is more than happy to help you learn how to play well.

..I have been playing off and on for awhile now , but I still suck ..maybe time to "re-train" myself

[H]

I've been playing css for about 3 weeks. I started off aiming too high and missing folks. Aim low and watch yourself work up to the top 5 per round.

Haven't played much Source at all but I sure do miss the days of playin 1.5 etc.

Quite a few years ago haha. :( :p

If you can find ingame videos with the collision boxes turned on. You'll notice that the hitbox for the head is fairly large. Bigger than CS 1.6 i think.

Sly said:
If you can find ingame videos with the collision boxes turned on. You'll notice that the hitbox for the head is fairly large. Bigger than CS 1.6 i think.

not when I play it

:p

[H]

It really doesn't matter what game you play, there will always be hackers. I love the fast paced shooters like UT2k4 and quake3/4. I play UT2k4 more than any game, and the community is pretty small due to the learning curve and various other factors I won't mention to save space because it's not the point. My point is, that even unpopular games have cheaters, and since 180923103945654 people play CS, yes there is a larger room for skill, but there is also a huge range for cheaters. I'm not sure what it takes to be good at CS, but it seems that even if you are ok that you can get the headshots on a pretty consistant basis. So, between the large number of people being very good just from the magnitude of the game, how easy it is to be a decent player, and the hacker base, there are a LOT of people out there that will be getting headshots on you.

Yes theres hackers in CSS just as there is in every game, ut withy vac2, and everything, theres very little compaired to CS(old), I remember in CS when there was ALWAYS at least a hacker or 2 on a server, in CSS thou I have only run into a hacker once. at a lan. at my house. when me and my friends were foolling around and both got hacks and hackled against each other. :p

Chilly

Some times people get lucky streaks, or they are just really good. I used to get kicked 24/7. People kept yelling "Aimbot" at me cause every other shot would be a head shot. I just aim for the head, of course if I get a kill it will be a head shot.

Anyway, don't just start assuming that every time you get a good player on a server that they are cheating, cause it caused me a LOT of headache playing that game. As a matter of fact, I got so sick of people saying I was cheating that I stopped playing.

I really liked the game, but if you can only play for about 20 minutes max before people get pissed that you take half the teams head of with a pump shotgun and get you kicked.

Oh well, at least that new DoDS people don't complain about me. : )

Also, you might want to play with your netcode setting in CSS to better tweak things out. I've played CS since v1.0, and CSS was a different feel. I've settled into a good config for my connection and the server I always play on the last few months. YMMV.

rate 20000
cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_smooth 0
cl_interp 0.04
cl_interpolate 0

This makes the character animations slightly less smooth, however, the hitboxes are exactly where you see the characters, as opposed to following slightly behind them.

There are cheaters in every game, but you will learn to avoid them by going to decent servers with good admins.

And about headshots in CSS don't worry, because that's the point of CS anyway lol to do an FPS Doug....BOOM HEADSHOT!!!! :D

Look around and find a decent server that you think will be a good one and that is always busy, then see if the admins are keeping watch on hackers, because they will kick them off if they are suspected of hacking. VAC sucks, bottom line, it prevents the "obvious" hackers. Bottom line is, start finding a server to visit regular and then you will know who the hackers are, and the admins will ban them, etc. etc.

This makes the character animations slightly less smooth, however, the hitboxes are exactly where you see the characters, as opposed to following slightly behind them.

You are wrong. The default path of the hitboxes are slightly AHEAD of where you see them on screen, unless they are standing perfectly still.

well from my experience, in CS 1.6 4/5 people hack lol...( on a public server at least ) in CS:S, only hmmm 1/4 people do from my experience.

Well maybe I am just exaggerating about 1.6 and 4/5, but there's a lot. I got so pissed from scriming with my brother a few weeks ago going back to 1.6, and the team we were scriming were a bucnh of hackers...sad. We still won, but it's funny the way they aim thier cross hair at us around the corner every time hehe.

I think it's funny how people try to find a scapegoat for their lack of skill. At first, it was lag... then it was Hax... now it's hitboxes.

Seriously though, just because someone is able to consistantly get headshots on you does not mean he hacks. I've been to LAN parties where some of the best counterstrike players play, I've seen them pwn people like you... it's not hacking, it's skill developed from years of practice.

I'm not a good player, I hardly ever get higher than a 1.5 KDR, but getting a lucky headshot and seeing someone say 'OMG Chiablo Hax' is just hilarious. Rather than blaming people for hacking, I compliment them and I try to learn from their abilities. And it seems that I am the only one who does so.

Listen to me now... there is no lag... there are no hackers in counterstrike... there is nothing wrong with the hitboxes... just learn to accept the fact that there are players out there that are better than you.

I've played CS since Beta 1 (something like 7 or so years ago?). I've seen around 15 cheaters in all the time I've played.

I attribute this to two things: the fact that me and my friends tend to frequent the servers of clans that almost always have at least 1 clan member around to act as an admin. Cheaters may show up, but they'll get the boot and they won't come back.

The other thing is, I'm familiar with the game. I've made shots that must look impossible to other players, so when I'm on the receiving end, I can just take a moment to recall how the fight looked from the other player's eyes, and realize that it usually isn't that hard at all. The vast majority of the time, it's just difficult but far from impossible. I can also ghost and recognize players who play like veterans, who don't just run around shooting. The vets usually getting high scores by thinking things through instead of just planning to run around willy-nilly and hoping to get the first shot. If the guy plays like an idiot but shoots like a pro, then I get suspicious, but even then I try to give the benefit of the doubt.

There are a lot of little things that you can pay attention to that can see suspicious if you don't think it through. Watching where teamates die on radar to get general location , listening for gunfire or footsteps to see where they are coming from, just having good instinct as to what you would do as a player in their situation. The listening part is really true for those who have surround sound vs those who don't. It is not always obvious how much of a difference it makes.

It sucks because of hacks that a lot of good players dont get the credit they deserve.

Like it has been said players hack just not nearly as much as you think.

Oh and about ghosting people , watching them take corners and aim right at you. 9 times out of 10 that is what any good player will do. Its those same reflexes that allow them to get all those headshots.

UoMDeacon said:
Also, you might want to play with your netcode setting in CSS to better tweak things out. I've played CS since v1.0, and CSS was a different feel. I've settled into a good config for my connection and the server I always play on the last few months. YMMV.

rate 20000
cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_smooth 0
cl_interp 0.04
cl_interpolate 0

That HELPED A TON!!! My Kill Rate Trippled after that!

Is there a way to make these setting perm?

eddie500 said:

Ya, Valve just recently released Valve Anti-Cheat 2 System VAC2, good system, but its the same with any anti-cheat. You can update it all the time, but there will be people out there that can hack the Anti-Hack. I hate cheaters, they make the game so not fun. I've been playing CS for 4 years now and Have encounted many hackers. If you want to see if someone is cheating, look at the way there crosshairs move around..

mordeki said:
There are a lot of little things that you can pay attention to that can see suspicious if you don't think it through. Watching where teamates die on radar to get general location , listening for gunfire or footsteps to see where they are coming from, just having good instinct as to what you would do as a player in their situation. The listening part is really true for those who have surround sound vs those who don't. It is not always obvious how much of a difference it makes.

It sucks because of hacks that a lot of good players dont get the credit they deserve.

Like it has been said players hack just not nearly as much as you think.

Oh and about ghosting people , watching them take corners and aim right at you. 9 times out of 10 that is what any good player will do. Its those same reflexes that allow them to get all those headshots.

Quoted For Truth.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I was describing as clues to the player being a veteran rather than a cheater. If a player learns what clues to pick up, a player can often track an enemy from across the map during the first minute and a half of a round(after that, too many random factors kick in to make good predictions).

I personally don't aim at them through the wall, I just leave my crosshairs at the point where they would walk out from the wall, but it's the same deal. If you know their head will move out past the wall at that point, it just makes sense to leave your crosshair where that head will most likely pass.

I hear people calling other people haxors in my server but most of the time its a false alarm. Sometimes admins like to have fun and enable flying or something like that, so they are not "haxing" since some things are ok if you are admin.

I have only seen 1 hacker in 1 years time.

I think during the initial couple months of CSS release, cheating was more of an issue than it is now. The cheaters have either moved on to bigger and better things (like trying botting in AV for rep and honor)or just quit. I've been playing CS more or less since it's release. I've seen every type of cheating you can think of. I saw the same stuff when I went to source when it got released (Other than DPB, I haven't played anything related to 1.6 since November of last year).

After a while, you'll learn to recognize when someone is cheating and when someone is just hella good.

Back