Is there anything wrong with using WINXP SP1 still?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm going to reformat again, but instead of using the XP HOME SP2 CD I have, I'm going to install SP1, and try to see if it fixes some of the freezing issues im having my my FX55 computer. Is there any speed difference between SP1 and SP2? I know I just have to install DX9.0C, but thats not a problem.

I have noticed SP2 to be snappier. Maybe due an advanced sceduler? Im not sure. I would always opt with SP2 over SP1. Espically for the added security that plague microshaft.

Well, There is some software that is still not SP2 compliant.

So if you like to game with say, the original Freedom Force, I wouldn't go SP2.

Yes they have a SP2 patch, but they provide it as a beta and it SUCKS.

Komataguri said:
Well, There is some software that is still not SP2 compliant.

So if you like to game with say, the original Freedom Force, I wouldn't go SP2.

Yes they have a SP2 patch, but they provide it as a beta and it SUCKS.
Hrmm I have not expiranced any thing bad about SP2 on my end ever. I was wondering what everyone was complaining about.

USMC2Hard4U said:
Hrmm I have not expiranced any thing bad about SP2 on my end ever. I was wondering what everyone was complaining about.

Well, in my experiance thus far, Only software I've had issues with was Nero [ which had a perfectly functional upgrade/patch avalible for download anyways, so no biggie ], Freedom Force, and Command & Conquer: Renegade.

Freedom force is just slow and jaggy as hell with the SP2 pathc, won't work at all otherwise.

Renegade runs fine, until you exit the game. It randomly hardlocks the entire system requiring it to be unplugged and plugged back in to get the system to respond. Easily circumvented by alt-tabbing out of the game, and useing CTRL-ALT-DEL to end the program, or to end the proccess tree for GAME.EXE [ GAME2.EXE if you run Renguard, a punkbuster like anti-cheat software]

Back