Is there any way to assign flip3d to your mouse buttons in vista?

Guess you never got into the Alt+Tab habit, the King of all Windows keyboard shortcuts. Flip3D is right there, almost the same hand motion, but I guess those people that never got into Alt+Tab will get into it now, using the mouse and the Taskbar has become to engrained.

There's probably a way to do it, but it's all dependent on your mouse software if you use that stuff, so check and see if you can enable that functionality or check the manufacturer's site for a support forum you can ask that same question or request that feature be added.

Guess you never got into the Alt+Tab habit, the King of all Windows keyboard shortcuts. Flip3D is right there, almost the same hand motion, but I guess those people that never got into Alt+Tab will get into it now, using the mouse and the Taskbar has become to engrained.

There's probably a way to do it, but it's all dependent on your mouse software if you use that stuff, so check and see if you can enable that functionality or check the manufacturer's site for a support forum you can ask that same question or request that feature be added.

When im using the keyboard I do use it, But in general 80% of the time i just want to switch between programs and the keyboard is not needed by either program really for what im doing

Alt + Tab does not open up Flip3D anyways....it only opens up a more classic Alt + Tab menu.

if you can change the keys to do flip3d, you could do it, if you could change it to Alt + N for example

I have a g7, and using setpoint i could set the back button to alt+N, and it would work, ill look to see if you can change the keystrokes

If you have model specific mouse software that allows you to assign specific keys to mouse actions, just assign "windows Key"+Tab to whatever button you want to use.

The set point software for my MX 1000 assigns that to the center thumb button by default.

Alt + Tab does not open up Flip3D anyways....it only opens up a more classic Alt + Tab menu.

That's why I said it's "almost the same motion" because Flip3D is done with Windows+Tab, not Alt+Tab. So it's almost the exact same keystroke to activate it.

If you've been using Alt+Tab for years as I have, Windows+Tab isn't even something I have to think about, but I personally find Flip3D useless for most practical purposes. As I said, Alt+Tab is still the King of keyboard shortcuts for Windows users, too bad the majority of them never got the hang of it - and they still dont, not even with Flip3D being just one key away from Alt+Tab.

I believe the king of shortcut keys is Alt+F4...

You just cant deny that power...

Alt+Tab is more like the prince, or duke of shortcuts

Alt+F4 is n00b bait... useful for checking experience with people by saying "Alt+F4 fixes the problem you're having" and then waiting for them to actually do it. :D

Back