Is there any flawless 24'' LCD?

RockoW

Limp Gawd
I want a 1920x1200 24'' LCD that can display 480i/p 720p 1080i/p correctly and has component, s-video, vga and 2 DVI-Ds OR 1 DVI-D and 1 HDMI.

Does it exist? I currently have a FP241WZ and I'm so mighty pissed about the BenQ support not knowing shit about it when I call them. :mad:

Not for any sort of money you'll be happy paying. Read the thread on the HD2441W

If Dell can sort out the firmware on the 2407, then maybe? Who knows if/when they will actually do that though

There is no such thing as a flawless panel in the lcd world....even if you do find one that is close to perfect the cost would most likely be prohibitive. You just have to decide on which one has the strengths that are best for your needs and shortcomings you can live with.

There is no such thing as a flawless panel in the lcd world....even if you do find one that is close to perfect the cost would most likely be prohibitive. You just have to decide on which one has the strengths that are best for your needs and shortcomings you can live with.

I guess so. The flawless I'm looking for is one that has working inputs and can display the picture correctly. :)

I almost choked on my own vomit when i saw that person reply with:

FP241W

damn. I would have loved for the 241VW to work. it fits what I need it to do in 100's of ways.

to bad none of them work.

The answer is 2 LCD's.....one proper PC monitor and the other a HDTV.....that's what I'll be doing shortly, and I can't wait;)

This is truly the proper answer. it just is way to expensive to do.

a 26" planar for gaming, a 50 inch 1080p Panasonic plasma for tv/movies. moan.... how hot..

This is truly the proper answer. it just is way to expensive to do.

a 26" planar for gaming, a 50 inch 1080p Panasonic plasma for tv/movies. moan.... how hot..

I'm thinking for approx $1250USA, I could get a Samsung 22 and a Sony 40in LCD.....is that so outrageous...?

Good value if you can afford the space & 2 surround sound systems (though I'd go Panasonic plasma - less lag & zero pixel response issues)

How would you arrange your whole system with just one surround set up though?
& some folk can only afford $3-400 for their TV & computer displays

These are issues for a lot of people - hence all the threads about the 'perfect' sensible priced monitor

i'm not sure where you are located Rocko, but have you tried Benq customer service in the UK? I seemed to get answers from their Cust Service department fairly promptly.

Good value if you can afford the space & 2 surround sound systems (though I'd go Panasonic plasma - less lag & zero pixel response issues)

These are issues for a lot of people - hence all the threads about the 'perfect' sensible priced monitor

For someone wanting both at once, I recommend the LG 24". it is about 640 dollars plus tax but at least is large enough to watch movies and great to game with or do work.

remember though, this is what I wanted. You cannot expect any monitor sold to work with digital tv output like 480i/480p. if the people making the firmware werent complete morons, it would be fine, but alas, they are. I would have bought the Benq VW weeks ago as it is exactly what I want but it doesnt work right.

Does the LG have the connectivity RockoW is asking for? I think it lacks the s-video & composite, although in my opinion DVI/HDMI + component is going to give you enough connectivity to cover the resolutions & formats you want.

Also I think I read on the LG thread that it does have some issues with scaling & 1:1 pixel mapping, leaving it with no significant advantage over the BenQ 24". I assume that's why no one recommended when the question was posted

I havent seen anyone who did a thorough review say that, only random forum posters.

it has no s-video which is good. benq lies to you by putting it there and then distorting the image when you watch it over s-video. yay.

there are NO monitors that do digital tv in and play it properly. I am not talking about picture quality, or artifacts, or any wussy comment like that. im talking about it looks like crap.

Particularly with 480i you have to accept a lot of compromise on image quality. You need a high quality deinterlacer to begin with, and then it's still a big ask for the scaler to go from 480 lines to 1080 lines. The image processors in 1080p TVs don't do a particularly good job of this either. High end TVs or seperate video processor required.

That said why the hell we can't get a 480i/p in the correct ratio with an option to turn overscan on/off? I don't expect it to look amazing, just work

If tn panels is something you dont mind to have, sure. the 40 inch will be 720p

The latest HQ TN's will be awesome as 22's for text, email, web browsing, games.....however, they still "might' suck for DVD/HDTV, and even if they didn't, ideally, you really want a 32in or larger for DVD/HDTV.

The 40 will be 720p but that will be fine cause 1080 is over-rated.

I'm speaking from the point of a home consumer wanting multimedia.....if someone wants to throw a spanner in the works by requiring a very HQ screen for photography or whatever, then it's a whole new ball game.

I'm on the verge of getting a new PC and with it will come 1-2 LCD's, if 2, they'll both use the same speakers connected to my PC, cause from a few feet, even a $200 set of speakers pumps out some serious noise.

I also plan to get a larger dedicated HDTV later on when PQ maximizes and prices minimize, so that will have a proper 5.1 and blu-ray, etc, etc.

Unfortunately, people who don't have the dosh to spend more than $300-$400 are going to have to make some compromises, but at the end of the day, I'm only going to spend up to $1500US max on 2 LCD's to ensure that I get value out of my PC.

The way I see it, we now have HDTV, cheap DVD's and games that are looking better and more realistic, so it's not a bad time to take your viewing pleasure a little bit more seriously IMO.

i'm not sure where you are located Rocko, but have you tried Benq customer service in the UK? I seemed to get answers from their Cust Service department fairly promptly.

I'm in Sweden. Their support is outsourced here and they do lots of other monitor brands. It seems quality is lost in the process. :(

Back