Is there an open source alternate to Acrobat full (Not The Reader)

JediFonger

2[H]4U
i want to be able to stick different .pdf together just like acrobat and deleting pages from a multipage .pdf just like acrobat. so far, i've found many READERS here:
http://www.linuxalt.com/

but none of them replicate the functions of a true Acrobat. anybody?

You can use stuff like PDFTK , PDFcreator, Ghostscript, and Ghostview to get most of the functionality, but don't expect them to have the same kind of friendly interface as Acrobat.

I say use CutePDF and PDFCreator. Theres really no reason to create PDF with a PDF editor like Adobe. Make it with something else, like Photoshop or Word or Excel or whatever, and print it into PDF. It'll look a whole lot more professional this way. Plus you save 900 bucks ;)

i used pdfcreator, it STILL does not stitch together multiple SEPARATE .pdf's like acrobat. you can't remove existing pages if you wanted to either. yeah i know you can print it out of word or excel, but if the .pdf is already existing and you want to combine them or take pages out of existing ones, you're SOL. i wished people read posts instead of just replying.

PDF Creator will give you the ability to put together two or more files no matter what they are. As far as deleting pages it depends on how well you can print.

For combining you must print the file(s) wanted but instead of hitting save it wait. This will collect the various print jobs in cue. Once you have them all yo ucan go to the PDFcreator manager and select the jobs and combine them.

For deleting pages print the file again but use the ranges to print only the pages you want. You can then use the combining method to put it back into one file again.

Its a long round about way of doing it but its free and legal.

i used pdfcreator, it STILL does not stitch together multiple SEPARATE .pdf's like acrobat. you can't remove existing pages if you wanted to either. yeah i know you can print it out of word or excel, but if the .pdf is already existing and you want to combine them or take pages out of existing ones, you're SOL. i wished people read posts instead of just replying.

As someone under you said, PDFCreator does stitch PDFs together. How about you research and RTFM instead of dissing people for trying to help?

because it doesn't do it the same way as acrobat... visually. it has to operate EXACTLY like acrobat full version, not a workaround. who knows which files i'm stitching together?

therefore, it's useless. it's people like you that give n00bs bad attitude. you're the problem, not me.

i'm just trying to seek help here and being honest about what does or doesn't work.

Cut the hostility in here or I'm just going to lock the thread.

Back